Forum Standards

mamalion

The Boss
I think the forum has slipped and it gets to the point where I've grown tired of having to send messages 'telling people off' and worry when I come on, what I will face next. Comes to something when I start to feel not welcome on the forum I have worked so hard on.

The rules are clear and haven't changed for the 15 years or so since moving from Rivals.

Here they are: https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/keep-to-the-rules.21260/

If you want to post racist, homophobic or posts that go too far about staff at Millwall, and other such stuff, put your name and address so the authorities can contact you directly. Or in other words, the few that do this (and it is only a few) STOP.

Just think before posting. This isn't taking away our rights, or freedom of speech, it is about not saying things on here that we wouldn't say in front of family or in public.

We have always tried to be lenient, but the increase in repeated language by some in every single post is out of hand. Recently I have dreaded coming onto the site I have spent so many years being proud of and helping be a great place for us all, and for people of all beliefs and points of view.

I am not alone in noticing a few posters who gang up on others with different views, driving them away. This isn't how the community was or should be and it is easy enough for us all to have banter and a laugh without calling people out constantly or calling them sh** c***s and so on.

Hate crime is any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice towards a person based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or gender identity

And the admin we have on here is here to help, to try to keep things going ok, and not to be abused. I can't do this all on my own and feel the forum is starting to slip. No good moaning at any of us for the world we live in and this hasn't changed massively from incidents we have had over the many years. It is usually down to breaking of the rules, rather than a change in the times.

We have given members a hidden forum as well. There is no need for us to put North Stand Banter on hide, we want people visiting and enjoying the posts as well, because it the lurkers who often become our future members, like many of you.

I am asking that people think before they post. As most of you do. And that this goes back to being the great forum I have always been proud of and that has raised thousands for charity, as well as supporting our team and club.

The vast majority of posters are fine and I have always appreciated your contribution to this community.

PurleyLion

Your sentiments are supported by the vast majority of posters on this Forum, unfortunately it's the minority that spoil it for the rest of us.

Will this minority take on-board your comments? Hopefully yes but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes in one ear and out the other!

Thanks for bringing this to the Forum's attention, you set an example we all should follow :thumbup: :bow:

Ulster Lion

For my many perverted, but hopefully very obviously tongue in cheek contributions to this forum, I sincerely apologise if I have compromised the integrity of the site in any way.
I honestly do appreciate the frustrating position some of the posts may put our moderators in, and accept any admonishment coming my way for any offence I've caused to you, especially Mama. A young lady shouldn't have to be exposed to the damaged thoughts of the warped mind of a Belfast balloon.
P. S. Apologies for using the words "tongue, and coming" in this post.

On a more serious note, whenever respected long term members, who contributed so many intelligent and informative posts to this forum, feel in such a way that they leave M. O, then Mamas message to us is timely and justified.

Lionz

For my many perverted, but hopefully very obviously tongue in cheek contributions to this forum, I sincerely apologise if I have compromised the integrity of the site in any way.
I honestly do appreciate the frustrating position some of the posts may put our moderators in, and accept any admonishment coming my way for any offence I've caused to you, especially Mama. A young lady shouldn't have to be exposed to the damaged thoughts of the warped mind of a Belfast balloon.
P. S. Apologies for using the words "tongue, and coming" in this post.

On a more serious note, whenever respected long term members, who contributed so many intelligent and informative posts to this forum, feel in such a way that they leave M. O, then Mamas message to us is timely and justified.
If you dig any deeper mate i'll be saying hello in person and making you breakfast :thumbup:

Lion of rotherhithe

Oh bollocks😬everyone apologising is making me feel guilty now😜hello mama nice to meet (or whatever the term is) you. I apologise for my use of the c word although it is one of my favourite words😊more used as a term of endearment with mates, as in alright you fat,bald,ugly etc cunt what do you want to drink. I will try to limit its use. Sorry

hardleyse16

Oh bollocks😬everyone apologising is making me feel guilty now😜hello mama nice to meet (or whatever the term is) you. I apologise for my use of the c word although it is one of my favourite words😊more used as a term of endearment with mates, as in alright you fat,bald,ugly etc cunt what do you want to drink. I will try to limit its use. Sorry

You’re ok LoR, you clearly have Tourette syndrome*