For us old gits, some memories before the snowflakes, pc brigade were born

Lion of rotherhithe

This has always stuck in my mind, had a fight with a kid at least 3-4 years older than me (would've been about 8-9)went home after top was near enough ripped in half, recall nothing of the fight but remember my mum asking how I done it, told her she said that big kid, rather than like today's snowflakes she gave me a mop🤣 and sent me back out to have it with him🤣 don't even remember if I found him

Peckham Lion

This has always stuck in my mind, had a fight with a kid at least 3-4 years older than me (would've been about 8-9)went home after top was near enough ripped in half, recall nothing of the fight but remember my mum asking how I done it, told her she said that big kid, rather than like today's snowflakes she gave me a mop🤣 and sent me back out to have it with him🤣 don't even remember if I found him
I couldn't go home and tell my mum or old man that i had taken a clump, i'd have got the same again. Soon teaches you how to hold your hands up!

wellerwasbest

New Cross Pathe News

Last 3 races at the Dogs was free admission
Cockles , shrimps and winkles on the corner near the old Den with sliced bread pieces in the bread bin
Job done

Worth a look this just to see Jeans push up bra !
For some reason 2 milk man on the course as well

Lion of rotherhithe

Some of the stories on here are jogging my memory, could sit here for a good few hours writing old memories and more would come flooding back, primary school being let out at lunchtime, either went home for fish fingers and chips or to the chip shop, same at secondary either chip shop or walk to the wimpy for wimpy and chips and a coke float. Remember a few school trips as well, one to france, we had a few projects to complete, like fuck did we even start any of them, found a bar, was seriously like the one in allo allo but smaller, we spent all day in there a few were absolutely rotten came out a couple bought flick knives (just to carve their name in doors/trees, none of the nonsense today) one kid looked the wrong way when crossing the road got hit and carried a few yards (not fast) slid off the bonnet got up waved at the driver and said some random French words🤷‍♂️ we got him to the beach wall to sit down on (only about 2ft) he sat well attempted to sit down and just fell backwards onto the beach 4ft below🤣 then the journey home, the ferry was fucking choppy to say the least, after half hour the whole inside of the ferry stunk of sick then stale sick, I was fine until that smell, had to go out on deck where it was pissing down, was a teacher out there taking the piss out of the ones being sick (did have some great teachers) until a woman was sick and it blew straight into his face which made him throw up, was in stitches😂

Froada

Tin can tommy , what a game , played round the flats for hours.
Jumping off random roofs
Building massive bonfires and protecting them in case another lot set them alight earlier than bonfire night.
Trips to Margate with the estate.
Summer camp with Pembroke youth club.
Building a camp almost anywhere
Sitting outside the pub on a Sunday lunchtime whilst the old man was inside.
Visting your nan on Christmas morning
Racing around the block
Take me back

Secondwave

I remember my mum would collect the voucher that came with a packet. I think once she had enough she went down the Elephant shopping centre cause some shop in there took them in exchange for goods, all a bit vague now mate but i don't think i'm far off with that one.
Embassy & Kensington coupons plus of course green shield stamps

Secondwave

Tin can tommy , what a game , played round the flats for hours.
Jumping off random roofs
Building massive bonfires and protecting them in case another lot set them alight earlier than bonfire night.
Trips to Margate with the estate.
Summer camp with Pembroke youth club.
Building a camp almost anywhere
Sitting outside the pub on a Sunday lunchtime whilst the old man was inside.
Visting your nan on Christmas morning
Racing around the block
Take me back
Some of the stories on here are jogging my memory, could sit here for a good few hours writing old memories and more would come flooding back, primary school being let out at lunchtime, either went home for fish fingers and chips or to the chip shop, same at secondary either chip shop or walk to the wimpy for wimpy and chips and a coke float. Remember a few school trips as well, one to france, we had a few projects to complete, like fuck did we even start any of them, found a bar, was seriously like the one in allo allo but smaller, we spent all day in there a few were absolutely rotten came out a couple bought flick knives (just to carve their name in doors/trees, none of the nonsense today) one kid looked the wrong way when crossing the road got hit and carried a few yards (not fast) slid off the bonnet got up waved at the driver and said some random French words🤷‍♂️ we got him to the beach wall to sit down on (only about 2ft) he sat well attempted to sit down and just fell backwards onto the beach 4ft below🤣 then the journey home, the ferry was fucking choppy to say the least, after half hour the whole inside of the ferry stunk of sick then stale sick, I was fine until that smell, had to go out on deck where it was pissing down, was a teacher out there taking the piss out of the ones being sick (did have some great teachers) until a woman was sick and it blew straight into his face which made him throw up, was in stitches😂
I always remember the woodwork teacher with the electric saw telling us to be extremely careful, next thing he cut the top of his finger off. Blood everywhere and he was trying to put a cloth on it to stem the flow. The other teachers took him to hospital and didn’t take the top of the finger found in the sawdust.

Eamon Dunphys tackle

View attachment 13994

I bet a few recall this, for a while this seemed to be everywhere in parts of South London
One of these was by the road that led down to the apples and pears, big tall building opposite the civic centre , can still remember going along in me dads ford Anglia and him saying "How have they got up there Mad"

Infact i can even recall where i was when we heard about what had happened, got the cricket called off didn't they by digging the pitch up, well the wicket
Was in Great Yarmouth watching the horses flying past from outside our caravan and the radio was on.

Talking of Graffiti and the Old kent road where some of it was
This brings back memory's, i used to work at Bricklayers Arms and spent a fair bit of my time in the area
Wish it had shown the other side as well, the East Lane side as we called it
Dun Cow, KK ha and a few millwall bits
I know its been seen on here but still interesting

Lovely clip that. Even better without all those nutty cyclists on the road.