For us old gits, some memories before the snowflakes, pc brigade were born

Bexhill Lion

Who remembers the block of walls ice cream and packet of wafers being rolled out on a summers Sunday afternoon? Ice cream amd Tizer/ lemonade from your old mans pint glass, fucking handsome!
Remember those Sundays mate, walls van used to pull up outside our house, Oldman used to send me out to get block of ice cream in cardboard and pack of wafers. Then we would demolish the ice cream, the Oldman used to pour some cream soda over he's in a bowl😂😂

wellerwasbest

gd.jpg

I bet a few recall this, for a while this seemed to be everywhere in parts of South London
One of these was by the road that led down to the apples and pears, big tall building opposite the civic centre , can still remember going along in me dads ford Anglia and him saying "How have they got up there Mad"

Infact i can even recall where i was when we heard about what had happened, got the cricket called off didn't they by digging the pitch up, well the wicket
Was in Great Yarmouth watching the horses flying past from outside our caravan and the radio was on.

Talking of Graffiti and the Old kent road where some of it was
This brings back memory's, i used to work at Bricklayers Arms and spent a fair bit of my time in the area
Wish it had shown the other side as well, the East Lane side as we called it
Dun Cow, KK ha and a few millwall bits
I know its been seen on here but still interesting

Peckham Lion

That’s how I started mate , used to nick one from her packet they were embassy the short ones
I remember my mum would collect the voucher that came with a packet. I think once she had enough she went down the Elephant shopping centre cause some shop in there took them in exchange for goods, all a bit vague now mate but i don't think i'm far off with that one.

HappyLion

It’s crazy to think how independent we were as kids back then. During the summer holidays we would fuck off out in the morning and stay out until after dark, no phones nothing.
Because we were the meanest animals in the valley. I drove through the estate I lived on some time back and the saw the double height garages we used to jump off. The same height as a first floor window. HTF we never killed our selves god alone know.

Take your bike out and ride round the locl playgound while those standing kicked footballs at you trying to make you crash. And I am not tlking about the light weight balls you get today. One sweetly driven ball byckled my mates front wheel and he went flying over the handle bars onto the solid tarmac playground floor. Shame. He was a twat.

Last edited:

Lion1964

I remember my mum would collect the voucher that came with a packet. I think once she had enough she went down the Elephant shopping centre cause some shop in there took them in exchange for goods, all a bit vague now mate but i don't think i'm far off with that one.
Spot on mate, my mum used to do the same.

Attachments

• 9725642E-AEA6-4E90-8754-9244C215D4CB.jpeg
    9725642E-AEA6-4E90-8754-9244C215D4CB.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 3

wellerwasbest

i have about 50 seconds of this on 8mm, where me mums sister was there with her camera filming it
This is the official footage, i was told the women in the same road off Hornshay street where we lived took part in the race
It was lost on me but i know there were many comments about her being the best tosser in the area and such like from many of the male family members when ever it was brought up
The old Henry Cooper Pub at the start

"Mother of two"
Shame the Prince of Wales never got shown

Lion of rotherhithe

Going in the ship rotherhithe at night (one where west ham got smashed night before game) they had a hatch just inside one door, with some empty bottles to buy so we could buy either crisps marathon or kit kat, when your football bust cut/tear out part of it put a brick in then oi mister kick our ball back please😀 hope none of you are eating for this next one🤮 there were two phone boxes about 50 yards apart (if that) by a pub put dog shit on the handle of one then when someone's coming ring from the other one and watch the response🤣 few of us were playing down the river, tide out a mate shouts down from above how did you get down there, we said jumped, was about 10ft so he jumps and goes up to his waist in mud😁 we'd used the ladder further along😁