Food shortage,

DensLions

Hold on a cotton picking minute. Isnt the track and trace app doing exactly what it is supposed to? You know like warning you that you have been close to someone with covid for a certain period of time that is likely long enough for you to be infected.

You want no lock down, this is the price to pay. You cant have it all ways.
The bone of conjecture is that it is pinging people who have been double vaccinated and supposedly protected, therefore no reason to self isolate. Yet another Boris balls up.

Phlion54

It's actually 'test and trace'. The testing part has been a huge success especially when coupled with our world-leading sequencing programme. This is why lefties always refer to 'track and trace'. They can't bear to think that the UK is doing something better than almost everybody else in the world.

View attachment 14804
Yup same old reply ....Tories are the best things since sliced bread.....but don't mention what a hard faced liar bojo is.....how majority of his instructions are just a farce ....his friends l lining their pockets at our expense......including this one.....my friend got pinged 3 times in one day for 3 different locations......3 times yesterday.....while friends with him Have got bigger all.......get a graph up.on how manyn unnessecerry deaths have been caused by his fastical decisions......and I wonder what pay rise they will award themselves. Bet it's more then the 3% the people who actually saved this country are getting....

hardleyse16

I think word has got around, during the good weather, that you get pinged by the app and get a few days off. Maybe I’m being cynical but I’ve just had both jabs and never bothered with the stupid app and carried on in the workplace since the end of last summer. All you can really do is be a bit careful.

Soul Man

The concept of food shortages is a load of bollocks. There is plenty of food. The problem arises if people clear out a particular item off the shelves. Supermarket supply chains do not have the capacity to simply make another new delivery to any store, so the store is out of stock until the next scheduled delivery. The stores, generally do not hold much stock other than what is on the shop floor, so shortages are created by the numpties who buy more than they need. The moral is everyone carries on buying just what they need

hardleyse16

The concept of food shortages is a load of bollocks. There is plenty of food. The problem arises if people clear out a particular item off the shelves. Supermarket supply chains do not have the capacity to simply make another new delivery to any store, so the store is out of stock until the next scheduled delivery. The stores, generally do not hold much stock other than what is on the shop floor, so shortages are created by the numpties who buy more than they need. The moral is everyone carries on buying just what they need

This.

tony_dolby

"Yup same old reply ....Tories are the best things since sliced bread...."

Did I mention Tories or Boris? I was just pointing out the success of the 'test' part of the 'test and trace' system that you were criticizing. Strangely enough, Boris doesn't actually do the testing himself, it is done by thousands of people who work long hours to get the tests out to people and process them properly. Perhaps now is not the time to mention the Labour councillor whose private test company simply binned the tests as they came in, but still issued 'negative' certificates. Now, if he had been a Tory...

tony_dolby

The bone of conjecture is that it is pinging people who have been double vaccinated and supposedly protected, therefore no reason to self isolate. Yet another Boris balls up.

There is every reason to self-isolate. If you've had two jabs your ability to spread the virus is reduced by about 75%. You can still spread it. The reason that self-isolating for double jabbed people is going to end on August 16th is to allow as many people as possible to have two jabs and allow them two weeks after the second to develop as good an immunity as possible.

Too many people self-isolating at this stage is better than too few. By August 16th we should see case numbers on the way down, and the summer holidays should have reduced transmission in schools and between families. This will be an ideal time to stop isolation for the double jabbed.

Boris didn't set this date or approach. He is following the advice of SAGE and NERVTAG.

I should point out that I've never installed the 'app' so I've never been 'pinged'. I just use my common sense, and get tested when necessary.

Last edited:

ctwall

So start your own company, sell at a loss and keep thriving.

Gaeilge Millwall

Yup same old reply ....Tories are the best things since sliced bread.....but don't mention what a hard faced liar bojo is.....how majority of his instructions are just a farce ....his friends l lining their pockets at our expense......including this one.....my friend got pinged 3 times in one day for 3 different locations......3 times yesterday.....while friends with him Have got bigger all.......get a graph up.on how manyn unnessecerry deaths have been caused by his fastical decisions......and I wonder what pay rise they will award themselves. Bet it's more then the 3% the people who actually saved this country are getting....
But at least Boris :
Wears shoes that match
Does not want to bring London to a standstill
Can count up to ten...............and from ten down to zero
Knows the words to the national anthem
Does not eat Halal meat
Is not a vegan

HappyLion

I seem to remember that if you were double jabbed you dont isolate as long as you take LF tests.

HappyLion

From 16 August, double jabbed individuals and under 18s will no longer need to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19