FAO Whiskylion Dutch team friendly match

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Thanks Whisky.
Reason I asked was one of their players gave me a badge and autograph after the game.
Don't know what I done with them. Shame.
Think his name may have been Gerritsen?

champs08

I remember playing on a pre season tour of Holland and one of our matches was against Den Haag. Little did I know how much they knew about us . . . .

Every team we played had pitches like Wembley and attracted 1-2k of support for friendlies. A real eye opener, as to how far behind England was in comparison to Europe and investment in grass roots football!

wellerwasbest

One of the hottest days ever watching Millwall ?

was that year one of the hottest on record or was a that a few years later

rotherwall

We played Arnhem twice and beat them both occasions in pre-season 1970. 3-0 in Holland and 3-1 at The Den. In the home game the Dutch had a player sent-off and then tried to dupe the referee by sending a sub on. Cheeky blighters

TheOneAndOnlyGazza

Apologies for the delay.

I quickly had to Google the town Arnhem. Couldn't remember off the top of my head if it was Arnhem or Arnheim, which I first typed, but thought it didn't look right...

Johnny Frost and his boys put up a sterling defence in an away fixture there in 44, lost in Extra time against a team stuffed full of Germans.

unit4

I remember playing on a pre season tour of Holland and one of our matches was against Den Haag. Little did I know how much they knew about us . . . .

Every team we played had pitches like Wembley and attracted 1-2k of support for friendlies. A real eye opener, as to how far behind England was in comparison to Europe and investment in grass roots football!
1970? I went there for that tour,with three mates in a red mini.
We also played Blau Whit and think the third game was Sparta Rotterdam.very friendy,and had a really good time in the clubhouse at Den Haag.