FAI investigate ‘political’ video before England game

Ibroxlion

The FAI has launched an investigation "as a matter of urgency" into a video shown to Republic of Ireland players ahead of their recent friendly against England at Wembley.

Members of the governing body will meet on Thursday night to discuss the issue with some squad members apparently unhappy with aspects of the video's content.

The FAI said in a statement: "The Football Association of Ireland is aware of issues surrounding content shared with our Republic of Ireland senior men's team ahead of the recent international friendly against England at Wembley Stadium

"The FAI is already looking into this internally as a matter of urgency, in order to establish the facts. The FAI has no further comment to make at this time.

R.O.D

probably banging on about Oliver Cronwell and potato famines which most of the Irish i have met over the last 10 years still do.

they are indoctrinated at school

Ibroxlion

It appears to have been something anti-British and with half the team being born in England someone’s reacted.

Irish Millwall

It appears to have been something anti-British and with half the team being born in England someone’s reacted.
I'd say that pretty much sums it up.
Okay, we don't know exactly what was in it but it's more than likely the kind of shite that we don't need in 2020. It's especially stupid given that not only were some of the players born in England, the rest of them earn their living there.

kevrelles

Okay, we don't know exactly what was in it but it's more than likely the kind of shite that we don't need in 2020. It's especially stupid given that not only were some of the players born in England, the rest of them earn their living there.
Could this be the end of a certain cunts career plying his trade with a northern cunt team.i don't need to name we all fucking know thst club has stood by him in the past.scum

Irish Millwall

probably banging on about Oliver Cronwell and potato famines which most of the Irish i have met over the last 10 years still do.

they are indoctrinated at school
Anyone who bangs on about stuff like that needs to move on. We should all know our history but for the most part it should stay where it is, in the past. There's enough to worry about going on in 2020 without getting worked about what someone like Cromwell who's long dead did before any of us were born.

whiskylion

Considering this Kenny bloke's playing experience spanned the massive career of 4 (yes, FOUR) games for mighty Home Farm and boasts a glittering career as a manager among part-time football teams, he probably (rightly) came to the conclusion there is fuck all he can teach the Irish national team. Or motivate them from his reserves of football knowledge, which would be limited to say the least.

So, instead he ill-advisedly went down the political/propaganda route to raise his team...as his understanding of the game itself wasn't impressing anybody.

Sounds about as sharp as your average 2lb bag of King Edwards.

Ulster Lion

Anyone who bangs on about stuff like that needs to move on. We should all know our history but for the most part it should stay where it is, in the past. There's enough to worry about going on in 2020 without getting worked about what someone like Cromwell who's long dead did before any of us were born.
This.

Stompie

I don't really have a problem with It.

But If you require a controversial video to motivate an Irish team, or any home nations teams for that matter, to play against England, then you really don't have the ability or nous needed to manage at senior level.

Old Kent Rogue

It's a fucking film, if it's inappropriate so the fuck what? People don't like the English, not exactly breaking news is it. They were trying to gee up their players - it failed miserably - why does everyone have to be offended. For fucks sake, laugh it off, have a beer and move on
Who was the grass I’d be more worried about