Economically powerful clubs

SEL

Was just reading this document http://mysoccerex.com/Soccerex_Football_Finance_100_2020_Edition.pdf

Pretty much what i expected, and then saw Barnsley at 65th.
Barnsley are the 65th most economically powerful club in global football, the team that sits at the foot of the championship and is certain for the drop.
What dont i know about Barnsley that makes them so economically strong?

Also some clubs, the debt they are carrying. Man Utd 799 million :eek!:

onlyagame

Was just reading this document http://mysoccerex.com/

Also some clubs, the debt they are carrying. Man Utd 799 million :eek!:
As with all companies it’s not the debt itself that’s the problem it’s the ability to service the debt. William Hill, for instance owe around a billion pound but can afford the interest. I’m guessing Man Utd have got more chance than most at either repaying this money at some point (unlikely for years) or remortgaging the loan or just flipping the loan to another bank.
Of course there’s even a possibility of selling the club to one of America’s trillion pound companies (if I was Amazon I’d be interested) and be debt free

Phlion54

Football is a business......we are the lions cafe ...liverpool, manure etc are the Mcdonalds,Burger Kings of the world

Stompie

As with all companies it’s not the debt itself that’s the problem it’s the ability to service the debt. William Hill, for instance owe around a billion pound but can afford the interest. I’m guessing Man Utd have got more chance than most at either repaying this money at some point (unlikely for years) or remortgaging the loan or just flipping the loan to another bank.
Of course there’s even a possibility of selling the club to one of America’s trillion pound companies (if I was Amazon I’d be interested) and be debt free
With Amazon now showing Premier League games I think the financial ombudsmen or regulator or whatever body It Is would consider It a conflict of Interest.

I belive Sky or one of It's affiliates tride the same thing about 20 years ago and got told no.