Double child murderer to be released

EVOJM1972

I was reading about this earlier (the parole board not this case specifically). The 2003 Criminal Justice Act set out the parameters of the Parole Board as we now know it. Essentially it was to remove political decisions from elected officials (politicians) , who were not trusted to make...political decisions! Ironic really, when it's for precisely that reason we trust them with our vote! Apparently doing this would "make things better" somehow but kind of leaves parliament hamstrung when trying to overturn decisions made by the Parole Board. I suppose the thought being that taking the politicians out of the equation takes the public out of it and therefore they can make a dispassionate decision free from the furore that a case like this will always cause. Still a complete cunt of a situation.

Ulster Lion

As part of his reintegration into society, I feel that it would be of great benefit to his rehabilitation, if the club issued an invite for this individual to come to the Den for the first fully attended game next season. Then we could all debate with him the pros and cons of the parole board's decision.

Hold on a minute. That would mean the cunt would live for another couple of months.
Forget about my first idea. Just publish his picture and accommodation address.

EVOJM1972

Here's their website if anyone is interested

Stompie

I was reading about this earlier (the parole board not this case specifically). The 2003 Criminal Justice Act set out the parameters of the Parole Board as we now know it. Essentially it was to remove political decisions from elected officials (politicians) , who were not trusted to make...political decisions! Ironic really, when it's for precisely that reason we trust them with our vote! Apparently doing this would "make things better" somehow but kind of leaves parliament hamstrung when trying to overturn decisions made by the Parole Board. I suppose the thought being that taking the politicians out of the equation takes the public out of it and therefore they can make a dispassionate decision free from the furore that a case like this will always cause. Still a complete cunt of a situation.
Blair.

Another successful attempt by him to establish a cable of unelected and unaccountable left wingers to run this countries most Important Institutions, cementing liberalism and the left as a continuing dominant force, regaurdless (most probably In spite) of the publics sentiment or electoral wishes.

EVOJM1972

Blair.

Another successful attempt by him to establish a cable of unelected and unaccountable left wingers to run this countries most Important Institutions, cementing liberalism and the left as a continuing dominant force, regaurdless (most probably In spite) of the publics sentiment or electoral wishes.
Good old Bliar mate, looking out for us again eh? Obviously can't trust Billy Public to take a dispassionate view on such things but there are some crimes, such as Pitchfork's, that don't deserve one.

Phlion54

I'm afraid Leopards don't change their spots......these parole boards are an absolute joke and have no relation to the real world......no sane person would even think about releasing a double killer back into society.....it's in their blood