Don't Buy Tickets for the Charlton Game Just Yet...…...

Moody

Yesterday I said most of them supported us with our thing with lewisham council, but have to admit got that totally wrong. Reading over am old thread on CL most of them said ‘fuck em’ ‘let em die’ etc....

So, that’s karma I suppose. Fuck you charlton. Still don’t want to see them cease to exist, footballs nothing without rivalries, but fuck Im taking pleasure from seeing them go through the wringer 😂
What you have to remember is a significant percentage of Charlton fans hate us on an almost Rangers/Celtic level. I'm serious. It is quite fortunate that we consider them a bit of a joke, otherwise it could be the fieriest rivalry in England with stabbings etc!

A club like Charlton will never cease to exist - see Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, Aldershot, Stockport County, Scarborough etc etc.

Sounds like the Arabian administrator is saying he will oust Southall and take on the obligation of buying the stadium and training ground - rumoured to be £50-60m! Personally, I think that is mental and he is would royally had over. So, I would take what he says with a pinch of salt if I was a Charlton fan. Especially has he has not officially proven the source of his funds with the FA yet.

CBL

As much as I hate there new generation of supporters, original supporters from the 1940s and 50s I feel a bit sorry for my old man who's well into his seventies is millwall through and through, he saids in the old days if chalton were away chalton fans would watch millwall and vicerversa
Was thinking the same in the 60s and 70s it was a done thing saw lots of Charlton games during that time.Seem to change when they got into the old First Division got family who are Charlton but we never discuss football like we did years ago

Moody

All going off at The Valley tonight!

Three members of staff sacked by Chairman; majority shareholder goading said Chairman on Instagram; police called. Both coming across as a joke.

An absolute mess. Thank the stars for Berylson!

sw2_wall

What you have to remember is a significant percentage of Charlton fans hate us on an almost Rangers/Celtic level. I'm serious. It is quite fortunate that we consider them a bit of a joke, otherwise it could be the fieriest rivalry in England with stabbings etc!

A club like Charlton will never cease to exist - see Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, Aldershot, Stockport County, Scarborough etc etc.

Sounds like the Arabian administrator is saying he will oust Southall and take on the obligation of buying the stadium and training ground - rumoured to be £50-60m! Personally, I think that is mental and he is would royally had over. So, I would take what he says with a pinch of salt if I was a Charlton fan. Especially has he has not officially proven the source of his funds with the FA yet.

They have a good few older lot but i doubt anywhere they could be documented as coming to stab us , they ain't Westham and if they did they would by and large hide after

They hate because they ain't us, like palace like westham like Chelsea they have their element of fans who hate us , some of the older lot on here think were getting bashed up and down the country , not true wall are causing all sorts of grief , may not be on old school level , see on the 4th what sort of derby this is .

Moody

They have a good few older lot but i doubt anywhere they could be documented as coming to stab us , they ain't Westham and if they did they would by and large hide after

They hate because they ain't us, like palace like westham like Chelsea they have their element of fans who hate us , some of the older lot on here think were getting bashed up and down the country , not true wall are causing all sorts of grief , may not be on old school level , see on the 4th what sort of derby this is .
I was joking.

Kryan Bing

Reading through some of the posts over there, am I right in thinking, that the Syrian owner hasn't actually coughed up any money at all, including the purchase ? He looks to be just as dodgy as that Chairman. All very weird.

Last edited:

Moody

Reading through some of the posts over there, am I right in thinking, that the Syrian owner hasn't actually coughed up any money at all, including the purchase ? He looks to be just as dodgy as that Chairman. All very weird.
From my understanding...

Tahnoon Nimer is not the owner, he is the majority shareholder of ESI.

ESI (Southall 35% / Nimer 65%) have bought Charlton Athletic FC for a nominal amount - say £1. The former owner still owns The Valley and training ground.

They may have received a bridging loan to keep the club going; e.g paying rent to play at The Valley.

No money at all has actually been invested in the club by anyone.

Nimer has submitted proof of funds, but not source of funds - as it is at this moment in time.

I said from the very beginning that it is bizarre to think that a billionaire would buy Charlton Athletic (with assets) for the crazy price (£50-60m) that the Belgium owner wanted. That is way, way, WAY overpriced. Because he wants his money back. Why not buy Leeds United, Sunderland or Newcastle United? Far, far, FAR bigger clubs with better brands and more scope to match Manchester City's journey.

Charlton Athletic are a medium sized club with a beige reputation playing on the fringes of London, which can't develop the stadium beyond 40,000 and would take huge investment to even get in the PL, let alone become a top side, on top of the bonkers £60m the Belgium wants for the stadium and training ground.

So, I honestly do not know what Tahnoon Nimer's game is here. Not even the expert busy bodies on Charlton Life can really pin down how wealthy this bloke is or what the source of his wealth would be. And it needs to be billionaire territory to deliver all of his promises. So far, it seems he is merely an administrator for wealthy Arabs. Unless he thinks he can get investment from rich contacts, which maybe he can, but they would have to close their eyes to the fact that they would be investing £60m straight off in a club that struggles to get more than 14,000 home fans to actually pay for a ticket and would need a huge investment to reach the PL top 6 and there they will plateau due to lack of brand appeal and inability to expand stadium to super global brand levels.

To be fair, he seems mental enough to waste £300m+ on a weird and doomed to fail vanity project - even if he 'only' has £500m odd. I wonder if he has a wife? I think she may have a word with him soon enough if he does!! I just cannot imagine a serious businessman paying double the odds for something. Why? He isn't a Charlton fan. Makes no sense. I wouldn't pay double the value for a house just because it had a nice swimming pool that I could impress my friends with every now and then, especially if said swimming pool cost a fortune to maintain and even if I ploughed loads of money into improving it, knowing full well that it may not actually get that much better.

In summary, no, no money has yet gone in, Tahnoon Nimer's lawyer confirmed this on Talksport. Either Tahnoon Nimer is a billionaire and is happy to pay way over the odds for Charlton, or he can convince others to pay way over the odds for the club and assets or he is simply hoping he can. Whichever way you look at it, either he is a fool, any backers are fools/have so much money it doesn't matter if they are unlikely to see a return/or he is bonkers.

Last edited:

Kryan Bing

From my understanding...

Tahnoon Nimer is not the owner, he is the majority shareholder of ESI.

ESI (Southall 35% / Nimer 65%) have bought Charlton Athletic FC for a nominal amount - say £1. The former owner still owns The Valley and training ground.

They may have received a bridging loan to keep the club going; e.g paying rent to play at The Valley.

No money at all has actually been invested in the club by anyone.

Nimer has submitted proof of funds, but not source of funds - as it is at this moment in time.

I said from the very beginning that it is bizarre to think that a billionaire would buy Charlton Athletic (with assets) for the crazy price (£50-60m) that the Belgium owner wanted. That is way, way, WAY overpriced. Because he wants his money back. Why not buy Leeds United, Sunderland or Newcastle United? Far, far, FAR bigger clubs with better brands and more scope to match Manchester City's journey.

Charlton Athletic are a medium sized club with a beige reputation playing on the fringes of London, which can't develop the stadium beyond 40,000 and would take huge investment to even get in the PL, let alone become a top side, on top of the bonkers £60m the Belgium wants for the stadium and training ground.

So, I honestly do not know what Tahnoon Nimer's game is here. Not even the expert busy bodies on Charlton Life can really pin down how wealthy this bloke is or what the source of his wealth would be. And it needs to be billionaire territory to deliver all of his promises. So far, it seems he is merely an administrator for wealthy Arabs. Unless he thinks he can get investment from rich contacts, would maybe he can, but they would have to close their eyes to the fact that they would be investing £60m straight off in a club that struggles to get more than 14,000 home fans to actually pay for a ticket and would need a huge investment to reach the PL top 6 and there they will plateau due to lack of brand appeal and inability to expand stadium to super global brand levels.

To be fair, he seems mental enough to waste £300m+ on a weird and doomed to fail vanity project - even if he 'only' has £500m odd. I wonder if he has a wife? I think she may have a word with him soon enough if he does!!
Haha, you've summed it up and made it more clearer than any off those Train Drivers over there.

Moody

As said, I feel sorry for employees of the club - they really do not need or deserve this. Especially what with everything going. Will either of these jokers make sure that they get paid whilst clubs are now in lock-down?

Moody

Haha, you've summed it up and made it more clearer than any off those Train Drivers over there.
I think they believe they are a good investment. I suppose all football fans feel that about their club.

Taking my Millwall glasses of, yes, Charlton Athletic have a good stadium (if they owned it), good training facilities, a good academy and do have a good enough image to attract a decent amount of floating fans from across SE London / NE Kent to become a well-established PL club, akin to someone like Brighton.

However, that is very different to being a good investment at £60m (to buy stadium) off the bat in the relegation zone of the Championship and with a huge amount of rebuilding needed. Especially when their likely ceiling would be 7th in the PL, bar the odd fluke season.

It is just all such a bizarre story over there at the moment.

Last edited:

kevrelles

As said, I feel sorry for employees of the club - they really do not need or deserve this. Especially what with everything going. Will either of these jokers make sure that they get paid whilst clubs are now in lock-down?
Fuck em.they chose to work for shit cunts

kevrelles

Kev, you don't fool me! I have a gut feeling that you're the kind of bloke that would go out their way to help Joan the cleaner make ends meet if she lived near you, even if she did clean the bogs at The Valley.
Yes but fuck the stewards.majority of stewards are cunts of the highest order.

Kryan Bing

I think they believe they are a good investment. I suppose all football fans feel that about their club.

Taking my Millwall glasses of, yes, Charlton Athletic have a good stadium, good training facilities, a good academy and do have a good enough image to attract a decent amount of floating fans from across SE London / NE Kent to become a well-established PL club, akin to someone like Brighton.

However, that is very different to being a good investment at £60m off the bat in the relegation zone of the Championship and with a huge amount of rebuilding needed. Especially when their likely ceiling would be 7th in the PL, bar the odd fluke season.

:hmmm:

"they have paid £1 for the club but also own the £50m debt!!! So no money paid or proven yet and RD owns the land - not an ideal situation!!!!"

Edward Alistair

Taking my Millwall glasses of, yes, Charlton Athletic have a good stadium, good training facilities, a good academy and do have a good enough image to attract a decent amount of floating fans from across SE London / NE Kent to become a well-established PL club, akin to someone like Brighton.

However, that is very different to being a good investment at £60m off the bat in the relegation zone of the Championship and with a huge amount of rebuilding needed. Especially when their likely ceiling would be 7th in the PL, bar the odd fluke season.

I don't think they are a good investment all the time someone else owns the ground, they can hire a different training facility but the ground is a different matter.
That is the only place they will want to play football so unless the owner of the ground is desperate for money, they will demand far more than it's worth to sell it to the football club owner's.
Coventry is a good example of the problems of not owning their ground anymore.

Moody

I don't think they are a good investment all the time someone else owns the ground, they can hire a different training facility but the ground is a different matter.
That is the only place they will want to play football so unless the owner of the ground is desperate for money, they will demand far more than it's worth to sell it to the football club owner's.
Coventry is a good example of the problems of not owning their ground anymore.
The former owner and still current owner of The Valley wants £50/60m because he feels he is owned that back... not because he feels like he can ask for that. What I’m saying is that he is a stubborn old goat. That’s not just a tad over the real asking price, it’s way over the odds.

That is why I think it’s mad to think anyone in their right mind would pay it. It’s overvaluing the club & assets by a huge amount. It just doesn’t make sense as a gamble on a pretty nondescript football club.

Edward Alistair

The former owner and still current owner of The Valley wants £50/60m because he feels he is owned that back... not because he feels like he can ask for that. What I’m saying is that he is a stubborn old goat. That’s not just a tad over the real asking price, it’s way over the odds.

That is why I think it’s mad to think anyone in their right mind would pay it. It’s overvaluing the club & assets by a huge amount. It just doesn’t make sense as a gamble on a pretty nondescript football club.
Sorry misread your comment as 'you' believed they are a good investment.

They are currently a 3rd division club with no ground, I would think they are worth around 10m if taken on debt free.
I wouldn't want to see them go bust, I find the prospect of long term painful spell in Division 3 and 4 whilst groundsharing my favourite scenario at the moment, conference football would be the icing on the cake.