Donald Trump

Ilderton Wanderer

All funny until it sinks in that the USA could well be on the verge of disaster, only today the World Health Organization are warning that America could well be the next epicentre of the pandemic.

Thanks to Trump being totally out of his depth and being shown up for what he is the yanks could find themselves paying a very high price for electing such a fool as president.

Stompie

All funny until it sinks in that the USA could well be on the verge of disaster, only today the World Health Organization are warning that America could well be the next epicentre of the pandemic.

Thanks to Trump being totally out of his depth and being shown up for what he is the yanks could find themselves paying a very high price for electing such a fool as president.
The army are already being mobilised and there will be a lock down announced this week once they are all In place.

Forgive my Ignorance but hat has he done wrong? I tend not to pay too much attention to media reports about him because according to the press he Is the Anti-Christ and has never done anything right, so I don't know what the score has been with him and his policies over this.

Ilderton Wanderer

The army are already being mobilised and there will be a lock down announced this week once they are all In place.

Forgive my Ignorance but hat has he done wrong? I tend not to pay too much attention to media reports about him because according to the press he Is the Anti-Christ and has never done anything right, so I don't know what the score has been with him and his policies over this.
He has been a disaster mate. For a start he got rid of the one person (and their staff) on his security council who was responsible for planning a response to any pandemic, took away funding for the programs that were in place to give early warnings about such an event and even when he was warned in early January about this virus and the possible dangers it posed completely ignored all expert advice. Indeed as little as a few weeks ago he was tweeting that Coronavirus was of little threat to the USA.

Subsequently any chance of a head start has been lost, not that Trump cares. He’s still making statements even now about medicines and equipment that completely contradict his own FDA, regional governors and medical experts and is pursuing a policy that could result in countless deaths by gearing up to send the country back to work en masse, again flying in the face of all medical advice.

There has been some criticism about the UK response but at least we are working to a well thought out logical plan, lead by scientific experts with the ultimate aim of saving life. Trumps response has been to ignore it, blame the democrats, blame China, dismiss it as a hoax and then lie about it.

whiskylion

No, mate. Centre of the pandemic. Not epicentre.

Epi means above. Hence epicentre being above an earthquake, for instance.

So, the US could be the next centre.

(c) Pedants-R-Us 2020

westlion 2

one would say that you are not a fan then