Crossing the ball

SEL

Seemed to me like there was a good improvement in the quality of balls being delivered into the box from open play by both Wallace and Romeo yesterday. Jed's delivery from set piece's was also probably the best I have seen in a while. It led to some close opportunities and also both the goals.
GR must have been working on this?

kevrelles

Seemed to me like there was a good improvement in the quality of balls being delivered into the box from open play by both Wallace and Romeo yesterday. Jed's delivery from set piece's was also probably the best I have seen in a while. It led to some close opportunities and also both the goals.
If any player is not capable of putting in a decent cross.he should not be in the team

whiskylion

Probably because there was at last someone to cross it to.

Hard to deliver a good cross when a) we have just one player in the box and no runners attacking the ball and b) our one man in the box isn't very good in the air and has two men on him...

kevrelles

Jed has his faults but his commitment cannot be questioned. He always wants the ball and always gives his all. He is our best player by a long way.
And he is capable of coming up with goals when we need them. As said can be frustrating at times. And yes our best player Robbo as you said.

robbo555

Hard to deliver a good cross when a) we have just one player in the box and no runners attacking the ball and b) our one man in the box isn't very good in the air and has two men on him...

Someone like Ben Thompson making a late lung-busting run into the box?

whiskylion

Someone like Ben Thompson making a late lung-busting run into the box?
Doesn't hurt, does it!

A feature of our play this season is just how slow midfield has been to support when we've broken away.

Watch other teams and they get four or five bodies in there. We had one, maybe two and on rare occasions three...

robbo555

Doesn't hurt, does it!

A feature of our play this season is just how slow midfield has been to support when we've broken away.

Watch other teams and they get four or five bodies in there. We had one, maybe two and on rare occasions three...

I can't agree with this enough. One player attacking the near post, the wide player on the opposite side of the crosser attacking the far and at least one other arriving late on the penalty spot.

SEL

True Whiskey. But when that was the case last season I was frustrated with how poor some of the crossing was bar Ferguson and occasionally Mahoney. Romeo and Jed always got into good positions and then failed to beat to first man.

What showed yesterday was a glimpse of how it could all come together. I hope we continue to work on this and improve and we should hopefully see our goal tally increase.

SEL

Doesn't hurt, does it!

This is one or the best points.
I noted once how Jed got the byline and everyone was just flat foot footed waiting for a pass. No one on the edge. No one gambled, bradshaw, with a diagonal run.

Jack_MFC

Doesn't hurt, does it!

I do not understand why our 2 midfielders refuse to support an attack, especially when playing 3 at the back. At least one of them should just to offer an option in the middle. Every week I’m screaming at the tv because there is so much space In the middle.

Wallblock15

I do not understand why our 2 midfielders refuse to support an attack, especially when playing 3 at the back. At least one of them should just to offer an option in the middle. Every week I’m screaming at the tv because there is so much space In the middle.
What, like Leonard when he scored yesterday you mean?

norwichmark

Romeo stuck across a pearler yesterday. Did what Trevor Francis used to do, push it away from defender to get a yard then whip it in. He maybe learning, could be a good supply line. Made leonards goal too