Covid jab

tony_dolby

Well-known member
Does your doctors surgery call or text you to come in for your covid jabs ?,I'm getting a bit concerned as I have not heard nish from mine.
I am considered 'high risk' as I have numerous health problems so I'm wondering why the fuck I have not had a jab yet.
Maybe my doctor knows that my immune system is fucked after 10yrs of high doses of Prednisolone steroids and that the jab could be too dangerous for me?,I don't know..over to you TD.

You should get a text if they have your mobile no. If not, you'll be notified by letter. If you've received a letter advising you to shield (and you haven't been told to do this before) you will be prioritized for the vaccine. If you have already been shielding through the previous lockdown (and haven't been offered a jab yet) you should contact your GP. The list of conditions and newly revised JCVI priority groups are here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...id-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get a jab. Obviously, you should take your GP's or consultant's advice and not mine!

11. Corticosteroids: oral, intra-articular, intra-muscular or IV and timing of the COVID-19 vaccination

There are some general principles but in each case the benefits and risks should be discussed with the patient to arrive at a shared decision:
• It is safe to have the COVID-19 vaccine alongside steroid exposure, but the patient may not mount such a good immune response.
• Do not delay vaccination for someone who is taking, has received or is soon to receive steroids in any form.
• If additional steroids are required to control inflammatory disease, that may take priority, as a flare can also worsen the risk from COVID-19
• It may be appropriate to delay a non-essential steroid injection, as part of a shared decision, so that the response to the vaccine is more effective. For a patient who is on an elective waiting list for a steroid injection of up to 80mg methylprednisolone or 80mg triamcinolone, the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine is the priority if the vaccine has been offered to the patient and the prevalence of COVID-19 is high. In this scenario, the steroid injection should be deferred by 2 weeks after the vaccine, to enable the patient to mount the best response to the COVID-19 vaccine.


There are some supply issues with vaccines at the moment, but these should be resolved by the start of March and vaccination pace will pick up again.
 
Last edited:

Bob.B Lion

Well-known member
You should get a text if they have your mobile no. If not, you'll be notified by letter. If you've received a letter advising you to shield (and you haven't been told to do this before) you will be prioritized for the vaccine. If you have been shielding (and haven't been offered a jab yet) you should contact your GP. The list of conditions and newly revised JCVI priority groups are here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...id-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get a jab. Obviously, you should take your GP's or consultant's advice and not mine!

11. Corticosteroids: oral, intra-articular, intra-muscular or IV and timing of the COVID-19 vaccination

There are some general principles but in each case the benefits and risks should be discussed with the patient to arrive at a shared decision:
• It is safe to have the COVID-19 vaccine alongside steroid exposure, but the patient may not mount such a good immune response.
• Do not delay vaccination for someone who is taking, has received or is soon to receive steroids in any form.
• If additional steroids are required to control inflammatory disease, that may take priority, as a flare can also worsen the risk from COVID-19
• It may be appropriate to delay a non-essential steroid injection, as part of a shared decision, so that the response to the vaccine is more effective. For a patient who is on an elective waiting list for a steroid injection of up to 80mg methylprednisolone or 80mg triamcinolone, the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine is the priority if the vaccine has been offered to the patient and the prevalence of COVID-19 is high. In this scenario, the steroid injection should be deferred by 2 weeks after the vaccine, to enable the patient to mount the best response to the COVID-19 vaccine.


There are some supply issues with vaccines at the moment, but these should be resolved by the start of March and vaccination pace will pick up again.
Thanks Tony.