Covid jab

33lion

I admit that I have had the same mask in the car since about July last year. Th only reason I changed it then was because I broke the string on the old one.
I object strongly to wearing a mask, and I certainly will not be buying more, so I can have a new one every day.
I keep it there for the very rare occasions I go into a shop, and only then because it is compulsory.

I saw a bloke in the forest yesterday, walking with his young son, about 8 yrs old.
The father was wearing a mask FFS. I find it incredible that people have been brainwashed and terrified to the point where they do this. It is not compulsory.

Fair enough if you object to them Paul I think you’re well within your right, but I probably would change them every time you use them for your sake. They’re not designed to be worn repeatedly and that build up of germs over time on the surface and interior won’t be good for you mate I can’t imagine.

HappyLion

I see teachers are trying to jump the queque again. They say it will only delay roll out to those who are more vunerable by 2 days..

So one of those who are vunerable gets their dose two days late and gets covid before it takes full effect and dies and thats ok is it? These self serving idiots are teaching our children.

pastywall

Teachers: do we vaccinate them all to shut them up. Would this stop them using COVID as a political stunt to get at the government. Or, will they just find another excuse to beat up the government? I feel what they are doing is totally political. It’s not all of them, but they are all shit scared of their unions.

bramcoteboy62

Teachers: do we vaccinate them all to shut them up. Would this stop them using COVID as a political stunt to get at the government. Or, will they just find another excuse to beat up the government? I feel what they are doing is totally political. It’s not all of them, but they are all shit scared of their unions.
Probably true. However I cannot understand how we are not vaccinating teachers ASAP and getting the schools open. They teach our children, the future of this country. Schools being shut must be causing a massive hole. All the while kids in Asia are being schooled and getting further and further ahead. I know it’s not the politically correct thing to say and genuinely sorry to upset the snowflakes on here - but I can’t believe we have not had a national debate about this. We have chosen to save the a load of pensioners in favour of our kids development

BigPaul

Fair enough if you object to them Paul I think you’re well within your right, but I probably would change them every time you use them for your sake. They’re not designed to be worn repeatedly and that build up of germs over time on the surface and interior won’t be good for you mate I can’t imagine.
I wear it for the absolute minimum time possible, and I am not convinced they do any good at all.

Saxon Lion

Probably true. However I cannot understand how we are not vaccinating teachers ASAP and getting the schools open. They teach our children, the future of this country. Schools being shut must be causing a massive hole. All the while kids in Asia are being schooled and getting further and further ahead. I know it’s not the politically correct thing to say and genuinely sorry to upset the snowflakes on here - but I can’t believe we have not had a national debate about this. We have chosen to save the a load of pensioners in favour of our kids development
The kids have had a month or two off school, stop giving them such a long summer holiday and get them back a month early from it. Watch the teachers moan like fuck then.

obeney

BT Steve . The decision is your but personally think you're being daft. Had mine fortnight ago .no problems.Now awaiting my call up for second jab.

BigPaul

Being in France, I'll probably be offered the jab in about October, when all of your will have worn off. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Peckham Lion

I find it incredible that people have been brainwashed and terrified to the point where they do this.
I find it incredible that a large proportion of Covid deniers have been taken in and brainwashed by some cunt or other of social media. Why would anyone take the word of a complete stranger with a bee in there bonnet rather than a virologist or doctor? I'd say they they cause more fear and anxiety than a few government guidelines. We have bods saying that it's no worse than the flu and that ii doesn't exist because they haven't seen anyone with it. Well i have haven't seen anyone with aids, TB, etc, does that mean that those two mentioned don't exist? Most of the denial stuff i've seen derives from pure cynicism and mistrust of our political system, conspiraloon sites and twitter. I haven't once seen any form of credible evidence to prove any of these theories to be correct. Bods will hoover up class A's, smoke, booze, take inoculations so they can go abroad for two weeks but won't take a tried and tested vaccine because they don't trust it, fucking stupidity and hypocrisy is a dangerous mix.

BigPaul

I find it incredible that a large proportion of Covid deniers have been taken in and brainwashed by some cunt or other of social media. Why would anyone take the word of a complete stranger with a bee in there bonnet rather than a virologist or doctor? I'd say they they cause more fear and anxiety than a few government guidelines. We have bods saying that it's no worse than the flu and that ii doesn't exist because they haven't seen anyone with it. Well i have haven't seen anyone with aids, TB, etc, does that mean that those two mentioned don't exist? Most of the denial stuff i've seen derives from pure cynicism and mistrust of our political system, conspiraloon sites and twitter. I haven't once seen any form of credible evidence to prove any of these theories to be correct. Bods will hoover up class A's, smoke, booze, take inoculations so they can go abroad for two weeks but won't take a tried and tested vaccine because they don't trust it, fucking stupidity and hypocrisy is a dangerous mix.
I have never denied that Covid exists, nor that it is very serious for some people, simply that the measures some people take are disproportionate to the actual risk of infection.

BigPaul

I know.

Based on what evidence?
I'm talking about people who wear a mask when driving alone in their cars, or like the bloke I saw yesterday up the forest with his kid.

The evidence I have seen from Dr. Vernon Coleman regarding the wearing of masks I find quite compelling. It is detailed, considered and professional.

As far as I'm aware there is no risk of infection walking in a forest 200 yds from the nearest person.

Having said that, I always wash my hands thoroughly when I get back from walking the dog, but I do that all the time anyway, covid or no covid. It is just part of good hygiene.

33lion

Kids going back to school too early will be a massive problem. I don’t understand the rush for it. These kids will all go back in to mixing together, Covid spread to their teachers and families and vice versa, the kids schools really are a problem. They were the second highest causes of transmission outside of care homes...

Stowwall

Got mine on Wednesday, and second one booked fo 5th of May.
Can't wait, may even put a suit and tie on.
Must admit its the first time I've looked forward to feeling a prick.
Each to their own regarding having it, but it has to be a good thing surely. IMO

ParisWall

Got mine on Wednesday, and second one booked fo 5th of May.
Can't wait, may even put a suit and tie on.
Must admit its the first time I've looked forward to feeling a prick.
Each to their own regarding having it, but it has to be a good thing surely. IMO

I asked for a twenty year old Filipino nurse to administer my vaccination.

Ended up being an eighteen stone Dyke from Breadsall Hilltop.

I also found her a bit personal; she looked me in the eye and said "small prick." How the hell did she know? Fuck the NHS - dreading going through the the same ridicule again in May.

:wagging: