Covid jab

brianmooresladder

Well theae two articles have cheered me right up, sorry I already posted.

Peckham Lion

Well theae two articles have cheered me right up, sorry I already posted.
Isn't it a good thing considering a few Bods here were saying that the VIrus was coming in on Dinghy's carrying migrants. If that's the case then surely it's better to vaccinate them for our own good and well being, no? Should we just let them fuck off to potentially spread the virus ,all 400 of them? Those two articles can be ripped to shreads for the mis- information and anecdotal evidence they carry, but they've served the editors purpose, again!

I'd be more pissed off that pubs reopening again for outside drinking is in the pipeline, again. Pavements full of pissed up, slobbering bods who haven't had the jab, what could go wrong!

Last edited:

brianmooresladder

Yea probably misinformation. Regards them getting the jab that probably does not stop them spreading it. Just can't get my head around it at all in a four star hotel and complaining.

BT-Steve

Just had a text from my local hospital and I've been offered the jab. I've recently turned 60 and have asthma, so they might deem me vulnerable? I've refused it as don't really believe it all this to be honest, just think its Flu which leads to bronchial pneumonia, and some live and some die, its been going on for years. Am I being a stupid idiot or do I have a point, as I've not been taken in by anything that's been going on. Don't trust the government at all in a very odd world at the moment ,both companies have signed a disclosure? Wife not impressed as she's waiting for hers, and is going to have it as she's a nursing assistant NHS worker. But we are in total disagreement on this subject. But not having mine at the moment. I said I'll see if I feel any different in 6months to a year and take my chances.

Last edited:

leFerne

Just had a text from my local hospital and I've been offered the jab. I've recently turned 60 and have asthma, so they might deem me vulnerable? I've refused it as don't really believe it all this to be honest, just think its Flu which leads to bronchial pneumonia, and some live and some die, its been going on for years. Am I being a stupid idiot or do I have a point, as I've not been taken in by anything that's been going on. Don't trust the government at all in a very odd world at the moment ,both companies have signed a disclosure? Wife not impressed as she's waiting for hers, and is going to have it as she's a nursing assistant NHS worker. But we are in total disagreement on this subject. But not having mine at the moment. I said I'll see if I feel any different in 6months to a year and take my chances.
To answer your question, yes, you're being a stupid cunt.

Peckham Lion

BT-Steve

Is the last line a trick question?
I get your point Peckham completely, but I've worked through all of this, and haven't seen anyone who has actually had it. The mask business doesn't make any sense to me or anyone else, half of the people don't even wear them properly. I have no symptoms of anything, and a reaction to the jab could kill me if I have a bad reaction to it. My mother in law had a dreadful reaction to it, giving her serious chest breathing problems. Not ill before hand and she is 85 years of age. Should I take that risk? The companies have signed a disclosure why? I'm not going to have it yet, and will see how I feel within the next year. Daughter is a nurse as well, originally she wasn't convinced either, but shd has changed her opinion and had it herself as now she is doing the injections. But I'm leaving it for a while I'm afraid. Not bothered whatsoever about being called anything so feel free.

Last edited:

tony_dolby

I get your point Peckham completely, but I've worked through all of this, and haven't seen anyone who has actually had it. The mask business doesn't make any sense to me or anyone else, half of the people don't even wear them properly. I have no symptoms of anything, and a reaction to the jab could kill me if I have a bad reaction to it. My mother in law had a dreadful reaction to it, giving her serious chest breathing problems. Not ill before hand and she is 85 years of age. Should I take that risk? The companies have signed a disclosure why? I'm not going to have it yet, and will see how I feel within the next year. Daughter is a nurse as well, originally she wasn't convinced either, but shd has changed her opinion and had it herself as now she is doing the injections. But I'm leaving it for a while I'm afraid. Not bothered whatsoever about being called anything so feel free.

Your daughter is sensible. There's nothing wrong with being cautious about a relatively new vaccine especially since your mother-in-law had a bad reaction to it. However, I know loads of people who've had the vaccine and none of them had a reaction. My brother nearly died from COVID so I have a personal interest!

I think I've covered the mask business on here lots already. Masks stop the spread of your aerosol when you cough or sneeze. They're not 'virus proof' and don't work if they're not worn over the nose. There's quite a bit of evidence now that they do work (to some extent) if worn properly.

As far as I understand it, it was the UK govt. who agreed to indemnify the companies. It gave us the edge over the EU who wanted the companies to take legal responsibility. The reason we did this, is because we are super confident that the vaccines are safe and effective and we wanted them quickly.

Last edited:

pastywall

Please have the jab you will be very unlucky to get a bad reaction. Think of your family first. It doesn’t hurt - honest. My daughter has seen people die with lungs like breeze blocks and it’s not funny.

33lion

The masks are a bag of bollocks. First of all, the masks we buy are 1, 2 ply and are absolutely not medical grade. They barely stop anything dangerous from getting out or in.

Secondly, people touch the outside and fiddle with them all the time - which you aren’t supposed to do, that’s where all the bacteria is ffs!

Thirdly, people are making or buying cloth masks and washing them maybe once a week if that? So your putting a dirty rag on your face day after day with untold germs laying on the surface. And it’s meant to be better than not wearing one? Ffs.

Also, these blue ‘surgical’ masks that everyone wears are only meant to offer any sort of protection for one wear MAX. 6 hours tops. People leave them in the car and wear them over and Over again!

I haven’t heard one government initiative or advert or advice about the correct ways to wear a mask, the vast majority of the population are all doing the wrong thing, and wearing them out of fear of a fine or being thrown out of a shop. It’s been irresponsible of the government in all honesty and has probably done more harm than good!

tony_dolby

The masks are a bag of bollocks. First of all, the masks we buy are 1, 2 ply and are absolutely not medical grade. They barely stop anything dangerous from getting out or in.

Secondly, people touch the outside and fiddle with them all the time - which you aren’t supposed to do, that’s where all the bacteria is ffs!

Thirdly, people are making or buying cloth masks and washing them maybe once a week if that? So your putting a dirty rag on your face day after day with untold germs laying on the surface. And it’s meant to be better than not wearing one? Ffs.

Also, these blue ‘surgical’ masks that everyone wears are only meant to offer any sort of protection for one wear MAX. 6 hours tops. People leave them in the car and wear them over and Over again!

I haven’t heard one government initiative or advert or advice about the correct ways to wear a mask, the vast majority of the population are all doing the wrong thing, and wearing them out of fear of a fine or being thrown out of a shop. It’s been irresponsible of the government in all honesty and has probably done more harm than good!

All masks (even a simple cloth face covering) reduce the distance and coverage of the aerosol that you emit when coughing.

You are completely right that people shouldn't touch their face when wearing a mask. This is my biggest argument against mask wearing. It's why, for a long time, PHE advice was that masks could be 'agents of transmission'.

How many people to do you see sanitizing their hands as they leave the supermarket. It took ages before my local supermarket put sanitizer at the exit. No one uses it.

Just think about what you've done in the supermarket. You've touched loads of things that could have been touched by anyone. You've touched a keypad on the checkout touched by almost everyone. A minute or so later, you're going to touch your face to remove a mask thereby putting dirty hands near your mouth and nose.

It's vital to sanitize your hands before putting them near your face.

33lion

All masks (even a simple cloth face covering) reduce the distance and coverage of the aerosol that you emit when coughing.

You are completely right that people shouldn't touch their face when wearing a mask. This is my biggest argument against mask wearing. It's why, for a long time, PHE advice was that masks could be 'agents of transmission'.

How many people to do you see sanitizing their hands as they leave the supermarket. It took ages before my local supermarket put sanitizer at the exit. No one uses it.

Just think about what you've done in the supermarket. You've touched loads of things that could have been touched by anyone. You've touched a keypad on the checkout touched by almost everyone. A minute or so later, you're going to touch your face to remove a mask thereby putting dirty hands near your mouth and nose.

It's vital to sanitize your hands before putting them near your face.

The touching of masks, using them for longer than recommended or not washing them at all and reusing completely negates the benefits of using them to begin with. And the trouble is I feel people are all guilty of the above.

ozwall

Think you're being rational Steve - a quality most of the Western World has mislayed recently.
Of you don't feel comfortable with the jab, then don't have it.

ozwall

Please have the jab you will be very unlucky to get a bad reaction. Think of your family first. It doesn’t hurt - honest. My daughter has seen people die with lungs like breeze blocks and it’s not funny.
Nothing stopping those considered vulnerable or at risk having it - they make up 95% of the deaths in one way or another, so it makes sense.
Protect those and leave the rest alone to get on with their lives.

westlion 2

Isn't it a good thing considering a few Bods here were saying that the VIrus was coming in on Dinghy's carrying migrants. If that's the case then surely it's better to vaccinate them for our own good and well being, no? Should we just let them fuck off to potentially spread the virus ,all 400 of them? Those two articles can be ripped to shreads for the mis- information and anecdotal evidence they carry, but they've served the editors purpose, again!

I'd be more pissed off that pubs reopening again for outside drinking is in the pipeline, again. Pavements full of pissed up, slobbering bods who haven't had the jab, what could go wrong!
i resemble that last remark as does bromleywalltj😂

BigPaul

I admit that I have had the same mask in the car since about July last year. Th only reason I changed it then was because I broke the string on the old one.
I object strongly to wearing a mask, and I certainly will not be buying more, so I can have a new one every day.
I keep it there for the very rare occasions I go into a shop, and only then because it is compulsory.

I saw a bloke in the forest yesterday, walking with his young son, about 8 yrs old.
The father was wearing a mask FFS. I find it incredible that people have been brainwashed and terrified to the point where they do this. It is not compulsory.