Clue to where we are going ?

45skiprats

In answer to two questions regarding will or will there not be Covid regulations on passports Boris has replied" I believe that is what other countries will require " His answer to will this apply to public houses was " We will see "

tony_dolby

I don’t go for the conspiracy shit but I will say that my Grandads didn’t fight in the war to end up with their offspring having to show their papers before walking in a boozer.
Indeed. Although we did have ID cards in the war to be fair.

Boris is a natural libertarian. I think it's Hancock that's pushing for vaccination certificates. I probably won't happen because it will be political suicide. It will also be a nightmare to administer. Some civil servant said that it would be like trying to create a new Passport Office from scratch.

In the Commons Boris basically said that it would be discriminatory and I think his review will find that to be the case. That's why he's instituted it - to find that domestic vaccination passports will be unworkable.

I can see airlines wanting to use them and other countries requiring them. For travellers abroad, it will be like supplying confirmation of a Yellow Fever vaccine for those countries that require it.

hardleyse16

Indeed. Although we did have ID cards in the war to be fair.

Boris is a natural libertarian. I think it's Hancock that's pushing for vaccination certificates. I probably won't happen because it will be political suicide. It will also be a nightmare to administer. Some civil servant said that it would be like trying to create a new Passport Office from scratch.

In the Commons Boris basically said that it would be discriminatory and I think his review will find that to be the case. That's why he's instituted it - to find that domestic vaccination passports will be unworkable.

I can see airlines wanting to use them and other countries requiring them. For travellers abroad, it will be like supplying confirmation of a Yellow Fever vaccine for those countries that require it.

As always, TD, the voice of reason- in a non-fanatical far right lunatic way, of course. The masses wouldn’t have it.

33lion

It doesn’t really make sense nor is it feasible. Lateral flow testing will be the way forward, not a bloody passport/ID Card.

I can see us requiring people to have been vaccinated before they come here. There are many many countries lagging behind with their vaccinations, there will be countries with poor uptake and crap administration - do we want to allow people in to this country from countries where their infrastructure is poor, at the risk of carrying over some sort of new variant?

brianmooresladder

I don’t go for the conspiracy shit but I will say that my Grandads didn’t fight in the war to end up with their offspring having to show their papers before walking in a boozer.
Will they discriminate against those deciding not to have a jab as is currently our right, be a whole new legal battle.

ringo_the_lion

It is the choice of people to refuse to have the jab but countries have the right to choose who they allow in, as do airlines have the right to make conditions of travel, so in effect the anti vaccine brigade are choosing to isolate themselves in their own country.
In time the majority of anti-vaxers will take the vaccine just because life will be a lot free and easier and those that end up getting covid won't get much sympathy from their employers and the doctors and nurses who have to treat them will feel it's self inflicted and be a bit pissed off as to them being stubborn cunts.

midway lion

I can't see countries like Spain or Greece refusing entry to
hoards of British holiday makers because they have'nt got
a vaccination passport. It would severely damage their
tourist industry.

ringo_the_lion

I can't see countries like Spain or Greece refusing entry to
hoards of British holiday makers because they have'nt got
a vaccination passport. It would severely damage their
tourist industry.
They have gone the best part of a year without hordes of any holiday makers so they are not going to risk shutting down for another year just to allow a selfish minority a fortnight in the sun.

Stompie

Why are young people who do not have the jab selfish? The vaccine doesn't stop transmission entirely, or Indeed stop people getting sick. It just mitigates the worst effects. If those who need or want the jab take It up, they have nothing to worry about If someone does not choose to take It as they are protected. You can after all catch Covid-19 from someone who has had the jab.

I'm young fit and healthy, had Covid-19 and didn't realise. I'll stick with the natural antibodies I have built up and will continue to build up just like I have done all these years with colds and Influenzas.

Not allowing me Into a foreign country because of my choice Is their right and Is fair enough and I accept that entirely.

Not being able to live my life In this country because I choose not to get vaccinated, which Is my right, Is not acceptable at all.

This mentailty taking route In people, that people should be forced to do things against their will or be ostricised from society, Is extremely troubling and deeply disturbing.

Stompie

Having the jab will not stop you catching covid and spreading the virus. It will just stop you feeling so bad if you do get it.
Exactly.

The whole reason we are In this lockdown mess Is because of hospital admissions and ICU bed occupancy.

New studdies are showing that the jab reduces the need to go It to hospital by up to 90%.

Well as 90% of those needing hospital treatment are over the age of 70, the majority of them being over 80, protecting them with the jab should soon see hospital numbers at seasonal flu levels which people have had no problem accepting as being part and parcel of life before last March.

For the rest of people It will be like catching a cold, maybe a bad cold sometimes, like we all get every year of our lives. Even with the jab there Is no chance of It disappearing so we need to have some relalism about the situation.

Last edited: