Climate - NW

HappyLion

Since 2000, temperatures have been warmer than average, but they did not increase significantly. ... Starting in the mid-1970s, global temperatures rose 0.5 °C over a period of 25 years. Since the turn of the century, however, the change in Earth's global mean surface temperature has been close to zero

So my question is, if there has been no real global warming (aka climate change) over the last 46 years why is every weather event put down to climate change?

This makes no sense what so ever. I seem to remember a 3 degree increase in 10 years being banded about when this crap started. If the start of the whole thing was based on a computer climate model, clearly the model was f*cked.

EVOJM1972

I work for a big global utilities company who are massively into alternative/Green energy but I just don't fucking buy it anymore. I was away last weekend near Lancaster; there was a wind farm near by and I don't think saw the turbines moving once in 3 days. How we're intending to fulfill our energy needs in the near future without nuclear power as a back up, is anyone's guess.

Beaufoyboy

Since 2000, temperatures have been warmer than average, but they did not increase significantly. ... Starting in the mid-1970s, global temperatures rose 0.5 °C over a period of 25 years. Since the turn of the century, however, the change in Earth's global mean surface temperature has been close to zero

So my question is, if there has been no real global warming (aka climate change) over the last 46 years why is every weather event put down to climate change?

This makes no sense what so ever. I seem to remember a 3 degree increase in 10 years being banded about when this crap started. If the start of the whole thing was based on a computer climate model, clearly the model was f*cked.
1976 summer was pretty hot

wellers_shot

We have an ice age every 100,000 years, we came out of the most recent one around 50,000 years ago and still are, we haven't peaked yet.
In another 50,000 years we need to worry about Great Britain becoming covered in ice.ice_ages2.gif

kevrelles

Don't climate,walk around it.

King of The Jungle

Staff member
I work for a big global utilities company who are massively into alternative/Green energy but I just don't fucking buy it anymore. I was away last weekend near Lancaster; there was a wind farm near by and I don't think saw the turbines moving once in 3 days. How we're intending to fulfill our energy needs in the near future without nuclear power as a back up, is anyone's guess.
These wind farms are a right load of old tosh. There is enough wind already, its ridiculous to waste so much electricity making more.

Soul Man

Climate change is big business and too manypeople make too much money from it so they scream it from the roof tops to keep the gravy train rolling. A bit like the lunatic paddy who runs ryanair moaning about lockdown. Its not like he has a vested interest in unlocking.