charlton go rambo style

Stompie

just reading this how cananyone hate these mongs and yes it was at a railway station

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86922/oops-i-tweaked-the-lions-tail
We'll because reading that they have tried to claim Ben Thompson as a Charlton fan and they think we were after poaching Lee Bower to be our manager.

The women poster had a couple of glasses of 'fizz' for her birthday (do you reckon a trip to a big train station was her present?) and got brave by saying excuse me to people In her way who may or may not have been Millwall players.

It's wrong to belittle people with special needs but they are so fucking delusional that I just want to pretened to go for them and shout boo so I can watch them run away like they were fleeing the Invasion of Aleppo. It ain't right to hit them. Is It?

BigPaul

What a horrible cunt he is.
That's not really fair HLS.
That photo was probably taken in the 50's or early 60's.
They were very different times.
Only 2 or 3 channels on the TV. No phones, internet, social media etc. etc. to influence the younger generation.
Childeric School was in such a poor area there was no school uniform, but when I went to grammar school everybody dressed like that.
My hobbies included stamp and coin collecting.
Train spotting was another hobby on offer.
My dad was a train driver, so I probably had had enough of trains on holidays, etc.
Otherwise, who knows? That could have been me.

If a young lad were to dress like that NOW, then yes, you could say what a cunt.
But the boy in the photo was simply following the conventions of the day.
I think it is a charming, nostalgic photo, reminding us of an era which is long gone, but not forgotten.

coldblower

Been wondering for a while what them charlton mongs keep in their satchel.
Must be something like

Timetable
Packed lunch
Flask
Bog roll
Plasters
Vaseline.

coldblower

Only 2 or 3 channels on the TV. No phones, internet, social media etc. etc. to influence the younger generation.
Childeric School was in such a poor area there was no school uniform, but when I went to grammar school everybody dressed like that.
My dad was a train driver, so I probably had had enough of trains on holidays, etc.

If a young lad were to dress like that NOW, then yes, you could say what a cunt.
I think it is a charming, nostalgic photo, reminding us of an era which is long gone, but not forgotten.
Charlton adults dress like that now

Axholme Lion

He reminds me of one of my ex gaffers. He was absolutely useless and only got the job because he could speak posh.

I hate gloryhunters

Total pricks and unbelievably live up to their sad stereotype. Ben is 100% Wall. Known him and his family for nearly 20 years. Him and my son went through junior football together as staunch Wall boys surrounded by plastic 'bought' Charlton kids and always proud to wear their kits to training. Was good to see them enjoy us laud over the twats when we had the cup final and UEFA cup while they were struggling in the premiershit with a fan base turning up to watch the opposition!!! Will never be taken seriously!!!

BigPaul

I have been to one and only one Premiershit match EVER.

When my lad was playing Football in Medway aged about 7, Charlton offered tickets through his football club for about a fiver.
I remember we went to watch them play Everton.
I seem to remember there were 22,000 there, but if everyone paid a fiver, it didn't amount to much.

It was a wet Sunday afternoon, and I had nothing else planned.
I found it just a little better than doing nothing.
Everything about the stadium, club, Premiershit and its fans made my flesh creep.

Sometimes, it is useful to actually go and see these things before forming an opinion.
Never again.