Cardiff

FireWall

You were doing so well until you got to Leonard....

But, yes I agree: he signed some decent players. But the present manager has got more out of them than the man who originally signed them...
Leonard is a better player under Rowett, I see him as a player doing a lot of the dirty work. Foot in here, a block there, a tackle that breaks the rhythm of the opo, never gonna set the game alight other than the odd screamer.

Will never have the 'Jimmy' status, I have to maintain a good NH signing.

Wallblock15

He stayed on too long to the demise of the team....played some of the most negative football i have seen down here and his team selections at time were strange to say the lleast....as I said was a great player for us but a limited manager....that's my opinion and I saw all but 1 of the games he was in charge off home & away....GR is like a breath of fresh air...already the football is better....no more "Harris hoof"
You’re just a massive, Massive wanker. Stick your opinion up your mrs arse. No one wants to hear it.
Silly prick.

whiskylion

Leonard is a better player under Rowett,
Agree 100%. He's unrecognisable from the Fourth Tier/Conference player he was under Harris.

However, we need a lot better quality playing his role alongside Woods if we are going to get anywhere.

Someone who can control the ball first time would be a start.

Phlion54

really? I've seen more bad teams than good over the years,

worse than McCarthy when we had Newman & Bowry, side ways all day.
worse than when Bonds first took over, with Kenny bown & Paul Allen
worse than Bloody bollywood boy Lomas's team
worse than Nichols crappy jock team.

He took us up and we stayed up and he left when had too. He'd get a good reception from me and my family. Plus I've met him a few times and he is a good geezer.
Don't dislike him at all as a person at all and I used to live only 5 minutes from him and my grandson played football with his lad......but being a legend in his playing days does not make a good manager whatever you may believe.. Yes we had some great days home & away under Harris but we got too predictable and we got Sussed out and don't forget he had gregory & morison at their best...the change in our football since he left stands out like a sore thumb.....been hard at the present due to a mediocre attack force we have to call on but feel more confident under GR then Harris

Wallblock15

Don't dislike him at all as a person at all and I used to live only 5 minutes from him and my grandson played football with his lad......but being a legend in his playing days does not make a good manager whatever you may believe.. Yes we had some great days home & away under Harris but we got too predictable and we got Sussed out and don't forget he had gregory & morison at their best...the change in our football since he left stands out like a sore thumb.....been hard at the present due to a mediocre attack force we have to call on but feel more confident under GR then Harris
He got the best out of Gregory and turned him into a championship forward. Morison was at his best under Jackett.
Opinions eh, some are like arseholes, shitty.

Wallblock15

and some are seen through "rose tinted" glasses.....got to look forward not back as harris,s team were more likely to do
% wise not many had a better win rate with the club. People like you are ungrateful and your opinion is worthless and not required.

Eastsussexlion

Truth is mostly somewhere in the middle ,he was a very good player for us , who became manager when the club was on its knees , thanks to hollowhead, he did pretty well but had taken us as far as he could, there was some really good days particularly in the fa Cup 2 Wembley finals ,rowett has said more than once he'd been left a decent squad, and its no surprise some of them improved since his arrival , no long serving player is ever going to be a really long serving manager unless they are exceptional, I'm glad he left when he did , so it would be warm genuine applause , then 90 mins of dogs abuse , he'd expect no less it wouldn't be right to let him down

STWall

Truth is mostly somewhere in the middle ,he was a very good player for us , who became manager when the club was on its knees , thanks to hollowhead, he did pretty well but had taken us as far as he could, there was some really good days particularly in the fa Cup 2 Wembley finals ,rowett has said more than once he'd been left a decent squad, and its no surprise some of them improved since his arrival , no long serving player is ever going to be a really long serving manager unless they are exceptional, I'm glad he left when he did , so it would be warm genuine applause , then 90 mins of dogs abuse , he'd expect no less it wouldn't be right to let him down
He reached his level of competence and I guess his relative lack of managerial experience meant he couldn’t move on any further. This is still the case at Cardiff and their clamour of disenchantment. Shame he didn’t have an experienced back room manager to support and mentor him at Wall. At least GR has a plan B and C when A is not working and the ability to nurture inherent talent.

Phlion54

% wise not many had a better win rate with the club. People like you are ungrateful and your opinion is worthless and not required.
Get real and don't live in the past....Harris is gone. GR is our future....it seems if you ain't a Harris arseholes licker them you are wrong.....good player average manager...... As for ungrateful ....I support Millwall football club. Not Harris football club....I was supporting before he was here and will be long after he went.......never bad mouthed him on a personnel level just on his football actions

The_Doc

2 Wembley appearances. Promotion. Great cup runs and an eighth place finish in the championship ( isn’t that our fifth highest finish ever?)

Not many Millwall managers achieved that. So yes I do think he was great manager for us.

It was time for him to go and he left when he knew it without taking a pay out. A playing legend and a fine manager. He would get a round of applause from me.

whiskylion

With respect, Wallblock, don't think you are barking quite up the right tree with that one.

Harris doesn't even make the top ten so far as percentage of wins are concerned.

Also, he spent two seasons in the third tier with either a decent squad bought while in the Championship or with one of the biggest budgets in the division.

He has a slightly higher percentage win rate than Benny Fenton, but Benny spent all but perhaps one game in the second tier as manager of Millwall and with a pretty grim budget by Division Two standards.

Are you seriously trying to tell us Harris was a better manager than Fenton or, say, Jago or Rioch or Docherty, all of whom had lower win rates...?

I mean...seriously?

Last edited: