Bryan King's New Book

whiskylion

Are you on a commission?😀
I would imagine any wall fans who use this forum.will have already ordered it if they want a copy.
No, Kev.

I can assure you he very strictly isn't....!!!

Trying to sell books through Covid isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, so any help Kingy and I get is very gratefully received!

We had absolutely no idea what he was going to write, so we were genuinely touched.

Non-active supporters dip in and out if this forum all the time - I know many who come on here and read it, but never make a comment (often too terrified!!).

So if Moody's kind comments reaches any of these, or persuades those who hadn't yet made up their minds, then great.....!

kevrelles

No, Kev.

Trying to sell books through Covid isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, so any help Kingy and I get is very gratefully received!

We had absolutely no idea what he was going to write, so we were genuinely touched.

Non-active supporters dip in and out if this forum all the time - I know many who come on here and read it, but never make a comment (often too terrified!!).

So if Moody's kind comments reaches any of these, or persuades those who hadn't yet made up their minds, then great.....!
Yes I was jesting Jim, and yes those that read that I'm sure will be persuaded to buy the book.im really looking forward to the read.

ParisWall

No, Kev.

I realise you have your own 'Squad' on here mate, but I felt very disappointed not to be on the advanced proof list.

Having spent 50 years in and around the 'Print' I feel as though I could have attributed to the layout of the first edition.

Many years casting off type for the Monotype, chase work on the Stone - and I understand the term 'stet.'

Not having a pop at Moody, but does he even know the difference between a Nompareil and a Brevier? I very much doubt it!

Yours, nonplussed.

whiskylion

I realise you have your own 'Squad' on here mate, but I felt very disappointed not to be on the advanced proof list.

Having spent 50 years in and around the 'Print' I feel as though I could have attributed to the layout of the first edition.

Many years casting off type for the Monotype, chase work on the Stone - and I understand the term 'stet.'

Not having a pop at Moody, but does he even know the difference between a Nompareil and a Brevier? I very much doubt it!

Yours, nonplussed.
Sincere apologies, Paris. No slight intended.

I was under the impression you had long retired and was warmly ensconced in the bosom of your loved one; and really didn't want to burden you at a time of massive pressure, when Covid played havoc with the printing schedule and made things horrendously tight.

I will, however, be glad to receive your expert comments in private regarding our design and layout. I am confident, however, you will be quite impressed.

You can tell me over that pint of Bass...!

ParisWall

Sincere apologies, Paris. No slight intended.

I was under the impression you had long retired and was warmly ensconced in the bosom of your loved one; and really didn't want to burden you at a time of massive pressure, when Covid played havoc with the printing schedule and made things horrendously tight.

I will, however, be glad to receive your expert comments in private regarding our design and layout. I am confident, however, you will be quite impressed.

You can tell me over that pint of Bass...!

Yes, mate I am retired, but like to keep my hand in!

Glad to see you are still supporting the letterpress process, rather than that new-fanged photo-litho stuff.

Looking forward to that pint of Bass in The Coopers' Tavern Car Park at a social distance, as set out in Goverment guidelines!

:thumbup:

Peckham Lion

Sadly not. I was a bit boring and stuck to the food that was freely provided.

In fact, I hardly saw any of Northolt at all really!
If you're ever out that way again it's worth popping in, it's like taking a step back in time and food is good!

Lion1964

Yours, nonplussed.
Don’t get your picas and ems in a twist paris

Gerry

Yes, mate I am retired, but like to keep my hand in!

Glad to see you are still supporting the letterpress process, rather than that new-fanged photo-litho stuff.

Looking forward to that pint of Bass in The Coopers' Tavern Car Park at a social distance, as set out in Goverment guidelines!

:thumbup:
Letterpress!!! Kinnel that went out with the brown ball. The last time I saw a Heidelberg using letterpress was over 20 years ago and that was not to print but was adapted to punch out cards from A4 sheet format. Where is the book being printed..in Sudan?

Gerry

Just whisky being whisky.
That Heidelberg was probably a platen Gerry maybe.
Lion 1964:True... it was a platen. I started my carrer in pre press in 1966 ( yes I’m old fucker) and It was the beginning of the end for letterpress. As a learner (not apprentice) one of my jobs was to deliver print shops with litho plates. One shop was still using a Platen and when watching it working it was almost hypnotic! I have never been involved in letterpress only litho so I am surprised that Whisky’s book is printed in letterpress (if it is effectively the case....which I doubt) so again if I have missed a chapter can somebody or Whisky enlighten me! Cheers

whiskylion

I have never been involved in letterpress only litho so I am surprised that Whisky’s book is printed in letterpress (if it is effectively the case....which I doubt) so again if I have missed a chapter can somebody or Whisky enlighten me! Cheers
Mate, it isn't.

It's just standard banter on here, especially between me and my dear old mate Paris.

Most of what is said on here is tongue-in-cheek or up to its arse in irony. Millwall Online is Piss-Take Central.

The Lions' King is currently being printed on state-of-the-art presses, the location of which must remain secret for the same reasons as the publisher keeps schtum about Harry Potter's printing location before a new edition hits the streets....

Because of the demand for The Lions' King, I'm afraid the security guards at our printers have a shoot-to-kill policy and I really don't want anyone on here getting hurt.

But you can rest assured: letterpress it ain't....

Last edited: