Bromley

ParisWall

I was born in Peckham in 1943 and lived for 25 years. I then moved to Croydon and lived there for 12 years. Company I worked for moved me down to Hastings in 1980 where I have lived ever since. Place is a dump but it has got some decent pubs and property down here is still very cheap.
Always thought Rye had a certain charm; although, I haven't been down that way for 15 years, or so.

Please don't tell me it's full of Albanians!

DensLions

Always thought Rye had a certain charm; although, I haven't been down that way for 15 years, or so.

Yes it has got a certain amount of character and still East European free. The only thing is that its a bit of a strain walking round there on my 77 year old legs!

Bigherb77777

I have to make do with Orpington Paris! but thats fast becoming a bigger shithole than it was already! If that’s possible.
im local to Orpington and it’s always been rednecks vil - wouldn’t surprise me if there was a young blind and dum kid playing a banjo on the way to the high street etc lol!!!

I know a couple of Africans who traveled down to Orpington from Lambeth - couldn’t believe it lol

alghough I hate Sevenoaks - everything over priced and up its own arse - always knew where you were with the silver lounge and majestic catering !!!

Millwall tel

im local to Orpington and it’s always been rednecks vil - wouldn’t surprise me if there was a young blind and dum kid playing a banjo on the way to the high street etc lol!!!

I know a couple of Africans who traveled down to Orpington from Lambeth - couldn’t believe it lol

alghough I hate Sevenoaks - everything over priced and up its own arse - always knew where you were with the silver lounge and majestic catering !!!
Have to go for a beer mate! It the harvest moon tho!:grinning:

onlyagame

If you want to see Albanians, they plot up in William Hill & the Albanian cafe (next door) in the parade of shops by the Chandos.
They all seem to have a few quid (must have good jobs!)

champs08

Grew up drinking in the bell, the swan and mitre along with a proper few sessions at lunchtime after working at the market in Henry’s.

mustve had a fight every week in Bromley high st, either between us and pricks from Orpington on cnts from Addo that fancied it. Genuinely- we never got turned over once. Now you’d be lucky not to get stabbed or worse. Place is apparently a war zone at the weekends between gangs.

Welcome to England.

Stompie

Bromley is being taken over by Eastern European’s now. I take one of the grandsons to the soft play in the glades and all the mums are foreign. Not saying it’s right or wrong it’s just the way it is. The “authentic German kebab” shop (is that a thing?) opposite Bromley South has me puzzled though?
There's a chain of them. I couldn't belive It when I see It. Who the fuck would want a German kebab from a chain restaurant? We've enough Turk's about for a start, It ain't like you can get a decent one.

Glasglion

I have some relatives who’ve moved from bexleyheath to dartford. They prefer dartford? Haven’t been recently, what’s it like there?

CJEXPAT

Bromley is being taken over by Eastern European’s now. I take one of the grandsons to the soft play in the glades and all the mums are foreign. Not saying it’s right or wrong it’s just the way it is. The “authentic German kebab” shop (is that a thing?) opposite Bromley South has me puzzled though?
A lot of Turks in Germany since the early sixties, that could be it

onlyagame

I have some relatives who’ve moved from bexleyheath to dartford. They prefer dartford? Haven’t been recently, what’s it like there?
There’s a certain irony about the so called “white flight” from inner London out to Kent etc. Houses in Bermondsey are now worth a million & places like bexleyheath & welling have turned into shitholes full of foreigners (albeit a different shade) pound shops & Asda’s