Broken Football N/W

onlyagame

Don’t want to fall out with you Peckham but isn’t what’s happening with football just an extension of Capitalism? The greedy just get more greedy. I haven’t got any real answers (same as the Labour Party hasn’t got any real answers) but unless we have strict spending caps or have an American Football style of “picking players” when the youngsters come through then things will just get worse.
It’s too late anyway, most clubs are already foreign owned and (apart from Leicester & maybe Hull) have lost their soul

bramcoteboy62

Read this earlier today, a good read. I’m not a doom monger though. 5-10 years time football will have destroyed itself, all the foreigner owners would’ve made their billions and fucked off, the tourist Instagram fans would’ve moved onto dodgeball or group anxiety parties and sky will be showing re-runs of that cunt Eddie Hearn talking about himself non stop. Proper fans will be left to take our clubs and game back

Peckham Lion

5-10 years time football will have destroyed itself
I've thought this for a while now, i think football is and will continue to eat itself, certainly at the top levels. I think it has peaked over here now, sky and it's ilk created a new breed of customer ( i refuse to call them fans) now they are watching snippets of goals, highlight vids and dodgy streams. It seems the majority of younger generations don't have the time or attention span to watch something for more that 2 minutes. People that were willing to subscribe, either can't afford the trumpy monthly cost, or have fucked it off because you need to spend a packet to recieve all the different broadcasters of games. My mates got skysports, he couldn't even get the Scottish football that had been moved to a sky subscription channel, he would have had to pay more again for one nights football. He's going to fuck it off as it's pointless now. The premier league itself has become uncompetetive and pretty shit so hardly a spectacle worth paying through the nose for. Best league in the world? not when a team are winning leagues in February. The likes of Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Spurs are happy to come third and the rest are happy to win 7/8 games and stay up for more of the same. What's the point in competition if you can't compete or win anything? What's in it for the punters? Give me the championship over that crap all day long.

Last edited:

Phlion54

Until we have a proper wage structure the game as no future......so called superstars earning millions a year to kick a football is a disgrace.....even if and plenty do have a shit game they still get paid buckets full of cash......let's have a basic wage then a bonus for a win / draw......if you score / keep a clean sheet / save a penalty...something along these lines..then hopefully every player will try every game....can,t see it ever happening but it might bring a bit of oomph & passion back in the game , the dismiss of the England football team is large ly due to all the foreign players flooding the game and most are no better then what we got but ours don't get a look in over the super payed imports .....let's limited the number of foreign players that can play in a team per match then we might just might see some talented English boys get a chance.....pie in the sky I know

High Life Street 2.0

it's gross. the whole thing. when i watch these top teams it's at the back of my mind, no matter how good they are: gross.

even teh championship is starting to get ruined by money. and the championship has the potential to be 3 times more exciting than the prem which is a lost cause.

BigPaul

All joking aside the drop in form of Leeds and WBA in recent weeks has been the best thing that could have happened.
Mathematically at least there are now around 12 teams with a real interest in possibly achieving something this year, whether that be promotion or a play off place.
There are no dead matches in the Championship at the moment.

Voice of Reason

I've thought this for a while now, i think football is and will continue to eat itself, certainly at the top levels. I think it has peaked over here now, sky and it's ilk created a new breed of customer ( i refuse to call them fans) now they are watching snippets of goals, highlight vids and dodgy streams. It seems the majority of younger generations don't have the time or attention span to watch something for more that 2 minutes. People that were willing to subscribe, either can't afford the trumpy monthly cost, or have fucked it off because you need to spend a packet to recieve all the different broadcasters of games. My mates got skysports, he couldn't even get the Scottish football that had been moved to a sky subscription channel, he would have had to pay more again for one nights football. He's going to fuck it off as it's pointless now. The premier league itself has become uncompetetive and pretty shit so hardly a spectacle worth paying through the nose for. Best league in the world? not when a team are winning leagues in February. The likes of Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Spurs are happy to come third and the rest are happy to win 7/8 games and stay up for more of the same. What's the point in competition if you can't compete or win anything? What's in it for the punters? Give me the championship over that crap all day long.
Excellent insights there, Peckham Lion, especially about the League being already won in February. That is a clear sign the system needs changing. The American Football system where "the last come first" when it is time to pick new players works well to rotate the winners and distribute the money around the country.