Bodvarsson

whiskylion

Was I mistaken in thinking Ben could have left that header to Smith who was also unmarked just behind him?
Did he give him a call....?

This sort of thing happens when a player is in and out of a team.

We chop and change so often players never get a chance to build up an understanding with his partner.

The best teams over the years have been ones that have more or less picked themselves. Then players understand who can make what kind of runs, whether to drop back or bomb on. Eventually players understand each other through familiarity...it becomes a purring machine. That, sadly, is not something that can happen on the training ground; certainly not with players at this level.

We have been spluttering all over the place because, defence apart, that engine is constantly being tinkered with and square pegs forced into round holes.

We will never be close to be a true promotion-chasing side until our team is settled. Until then, midfield and forwards will continue to play like strangers to each other.

kevrelles

Did he give him a call....?

This sort of thing happens when a player is in and out of a team.

We chop and change so often players never get a chance to build up an understanding with his partner.

The best teams over the years have been ones that have more or less picked themselves. Then players understand who can make what kind of runs, whether to drop back or bomb on. Eventually players understand each other through familiarity...it becomes a purring machine. That, sadly, is not something that can happen on the training ground; certainly not with players at this level.

We have been spluttering all over the place because, defence apart, that engine is constantly being tinkered with and square pegs forced into round holes.

We will never be close to be a true promotion-chasing side until our team is settled. Until then, midfield and forwards will continue to play like strangers to each other.
I can't see rowett changing tactics now. It's clear as crystal he enjoys tinkering even when it's not justified.

lottwall

Watching Bods miss again , I’m not sure if there are many Millwall strikers of recent years that you would have been confident of scoring it. That’s not to say the chance was hard , more a reflection of our strikers.