Bod

Ilderton Wanderer

You can’t drop Jed for fucks sake, top goal scorer and has one of the best assist records in the division. Yes he cocks up now and then but without him we would be a fair bit worse off than we are now, I think some people are paying too much attention to the lions tv wally.

Peckham Lion

You can’t drop Jed for fucks sake,
Why not? if he's out of sorts and not producing what else do you do? What message does it send to players that can't get a game when he fucks around but starts the next game. I know were not blessed with replacements but no player is bigger than the club, a rest may actually benefit him and us. It's odd that other players have one bad game and they're hung out to dry. He lost us points against Barnsley and done very little since his purple patch yet he gets away with another selfish inept performance. What message does that send to the player himself? Play shit and you'll still get picked for the next game. That's a bad road to go down for a manager in my opinion. What did he do in the past few games that makes him undropable? One shit free kick, misplaced pass, aimless run and corner after another, where does it stop?

Ilderton Wanderer

Why not? if he's out of sorts and not producing what else do you do? What message does it send to players that can't get a game when he fucks around but starts the next game. I know were not blessed with replacements but no player is bigger than the club, a rest may actually benefit him and us. It's odd that other players have one bad game and they're hung out to dry. He lost us points against Barnsley and done very little since his purple patch yet he gets away with another selfish inept performance. What message does that send to the player himself? Play shit and you'll still get picked for the next game. That's a bad road to go down for a manager in my opinion. What did he do in the past few games that makes him undropable? One shit free kick, misplaced pass, aimless run and corner after another, where does it stop?
You really think he’s selfish? I honestly don’t, I think he just tries too hard sometimes and it often makes him choose the wrong decision, it’s an area of his game that I agree he really needs to improve on. Since the Barnsley game though he’s scored a couple of goals and assisted three more so he’s contributed just as much as anyone else has recently. I think because we rely on him so much when things don’t go our way some people are quick to point the finger at him, especially after the speculation in January which was unfair really as apart from one vague opinion piece in a local newspaper column there was never any concrete interest in him from other clubs.

When he doesn’t have a great game like last night I completely understand fans frustrations but to label him as selfish is a bit unfair in my opinion as even his harshest critics have to admit that he genuinely is the one player we have who can make something happen. Then comes the question of who would play instead of him? Mahoney clearly has talent but is just so inconsistent and Skalak is a waste of time.

Peckham Lion

You really think he’s selfish? I honestly don’t, I think he just tries too hard sometimes and it often makes him choose the wrong decision,
I should have elaborated more, selfish as in he's not always thinking about or seeing whats going on around him. He gives me the impression that at times he is playing for him instead of the team, but like you say, he maybe just trying o hard. We also need a variation in set pieces, it's so much easier for an opposing manger to do his homework on us.
I think because we rely on him so much when things don’t go our way some people are quick to point the finger at him, especially after the speculation in January which was unfair really as apart from one vague opinion piece in a local newspaper column there was never any concrete interest in him from other clubs.
I agree, there was also online ( not only Millwall sites) talk of scouts from premier clubs coming to watch him, i'd say he would be aware of that and it's possibly affected his focus. Funny thing is, if he he did brush up on his weaknesses he would be in demand.
Then comes the question of who would play instead of him? Mahoney clearly has talent but is just so inconsistent
Another frustrating signing, he really looked good for Birmingham along with the odd spark for us, so has it about him. Fuck knows, he may just need a good run of games much like our front two, maybe he's not motivated. We are safe in the table, i'd like to see a few of the squad get a chance to gradually blend in and prove their worth. Unless Rowett already knows who he don't want here next season i think he could use remaining fixtures to do that. I'll swerve the Skalak talk!

Ilderton Wanderer

I should have elaborated more, selfish as in he's not always thinking about or seeing whats going on around him. He gives me the impression that at times he is playing for him instead of the team, but like you say, he maybe just trying o hard. We also need a variation in set pieces, it's so much easier for an opposing manger to do his homework on us.

I agree, there was also online ( not only Millwall sites) talk of scouts from premier clubs coming to watch him, i'd say he would be aware of that and it's possibly affected his focus. Funny thing is, if he he did brush up on his weaknesses he would be in demand.

Another frustrating signing, he really looked good for Birmingham along with the odd spark for us, so has it about him. Fuck knows, he may just need a good run of games much like our front two, maybe he's not motivated. We are safe in the table, i'd like to see a few of the squad get a chance to gradually blend in and prove their worth. Unless Rowett already knows who he don't want here next season i think he could use remaining fixtures to do that. I'll swerve the Skalak talk!
Yep, agree with all of that PL. The thing with Jed is that he is always desperately trying to make something happen and sometimes like that other night it doesn’t work out and I think he probably gets frustrated with himself. It’s always good to read other actual match going people’s opinion it’s the stay at homers who just say ridiculous things like ‘he wants out’ or ‘his head turned’ that get me.

You make a good point about once this season is more or less over and we are confirmed as a mid table side it would be good to see GR prepare for next season by giving a few players like Mahoney, Mitchell and Brown a run of games to see where they are at. I suspect his mind is made up about a few players though, Skalak, McCarthy and AOB being a few of them.

tobydog

I agree with many points made above, But I find Mahoney more frustrating than Jed, as least Jed puts a shift in no matter how good or indifferent, But Mahoney who undoubtedly has bags of talent, does not imo. He has one very involved in most things game and the next game you wouldnt know he is on the pitch.I really dont understand that, you would think that eg after coming off the bench and changing the game he would be well up for doing that from the start in his next game but he doesnt show up. All the time that GR thinks we are still in with a shout/mathmatically possible for a play off spot I dont think he will experiment too much, and as said above when/if we are out of contention I really would expect/hope him to give as many games as possible to the youngsters. :)

DensLions

Yes, I mentioned yesterday, that when you think about it, no front two has had a decent run together, its been a continual chop and change for whatever reason, understandably GR has needed to see who works with who etc and surely has seen enough by now?
I think this proves that we need another striker in the Summer because GR obviously cannot find the right combination from the players he has available.

DensLions

Not so sure that he's not firing, he's just not using his brain, seeing a pass or playing for the team, i don't put it down to a drop in form when you can't do the basics. I don't know why he needs to take every set piece either. Maybe a rest will do him and his ego a bit of good.
If he was a younger player I would say he is just over eager but at his age he should have learnt to kerb his enthusiasm by now and not constantly make the wrong decision..