Bod

Supporting Millwall

He is well mobile. Was pegging it around all game. For me stick with that formation and team now. Smith as a super Sub will Nick another 3 or 4 goals this season. But when Smith starts we get obsessed with the ball going in the air and he isn't that effective outside the box in the air. I've not seen an assist from a flick on yet.

bramcoteboy62

This is what happens when you give players a chance. Occasionally they repay the faith. Maybe we as fans should let GR pick the team and stop calling for players heads. The fellas obviously shown some form in training and deserved the call up. Well done Bod.
Completely true. But the problem is I’m an immature and irrational human. So if he has a 4/10 game at Preston I’ll be cursing him all the way home and demanding he never plays again. Even though when I wake up on Sunday I know I was wrong. Sure many others react the same way

kevrelles

I thought Bod was really good tonight. Kept catching their offside trap out first half and had some nice touches. Got involved too and took at least one kick in the face when he stuck his head in. Really pleased for him on tonight's preformance because I bemoaned the fact that he was starting at first. Nice to be proved wrong. The viking done alright.
I'm happy he proved me wrong but now he has shown he can play he needs to do it every game

marka

Yes agreed better game but terrible miss at Sheffield Wednesday but in his defence Jed missed a penalty last night.
Just needs to keep his performances consistent and pair him with Bradshaw

DensLions

If he and Bradshaw actually got a chance to form a partnership it might work. Chopping and changing can't help the forwards or midfield to know each others game, Aob and Smith ain't the answer, certainly not as our main pairing so give the other two a chance, we've nothing to lose.
There were glimpses last night of them forming an understanding and I would continue to use them when we play a 352 formation but use Smith and Bradshaw when we play 442 with 2 wingers.

Zampa96

He is well mobile. Was pegging it around all game. For me stick with that formation and team now. Smith as a super Sub will Nick another 3 or 4 goals this season. But when Smith starts we get obsessed with the ball going in the air and he isn't that effective outside the box in the air. I've not seen an assist from a flick on yet.
I believe there was one, and funnily enough scored by Bod, from an Elliot flick on against Oxford... could be wrong.

PurleyLion

I thought last night was the best game I've seen him play. Made some decent runs, especially in the 1st half and made their CD's life uncomfortable. Ignoring the goal, the stand out play of the evening was mid 2nd half when he brought the ball down turned inside the defender and played in Bradshaw who couldn't tuck home his left footed attempt.

It struck me last night the team were playing different types of balls forward to Bod that brought the best out of him.

Not a World beater but a most encouraging performance :thumbup:

tobydog

Yes agreed better game but terrible miss at Sheffield Wednesday but in his defence Jed missed a penalty last night.
Just needs to keep his performances consistent and pair him with Bradshaw
Agree but the thing is you cant expect a pairing to work if you dont give them a decent run together to forge the partnership

tobydog

There were glimpses last night of them forming an understanding and I would continue to use them when we play a 352 formation but use Smith and Bradshaw when we play 442 with 2 wingers.
I really dont think we have the quality of wingers to justify a 4 4 2, perhaps Bennett when fit may help alter that? imho :)

PurleyLion

Agree but the thing is you cant expect a pairing to work if you dont give them a decent run together to forge the partnership
Agree. For me I think Bradshaw is potentially a decent player but still seems to be struggling to find/establish a role in the team. He needs a run of games that give him the opportunity to develop an understanding with an up-front partner and, not forgetting, the players behind him to truly show what he is capable of.

tobydog

Agree. For me I think Bradshaw is potentially a decent player but still seems to be struggling to find/establish a role in the team. He needs a run of games that give him the opportunity to develop an understanding with an up-front partner and, not forgetting, the players behind him to truly show what he is capable of.
Yes, I mentioned yesterday, that when you think about it, no front two has had a decent run together, its been a continual chop and change for whatever reason, understandably GR has needed to see who works with who etc and surely has seen enough by now?

marka

Agree about keeping the same team.
However do we drop Jed to the bench?
He is not firing at the moment.
Maybe Skalak or Mahoney hard one I know because Jed has been very good with exception to the last 2 or 3 games

PurleyLion

Contentious I known with many on here but, ignoring the penalty miss that can happen to anyone, I thought he was very poor last night. On a constant basis he chose the wrong option especially when he lost the ball and left him and Romeo marooned upfield (not the latter's fault!). There was an example late in the game when we had the chance to catch them on the break, all he needed to do was sidefoot the ball down the right-hand channel and for (I can't remember who) to run onto then use his pace to get to their penalty box for, hopefully, an inviting cross. But no, he tried to cut inside, lost the ball and they won a corner.

How many of these type of mistakes is GR willing to accept on the off chance he's going to create/score a goal?

Last edited:

tobydog

Maybe Skalak or Mahoney hard one I know because Jed has been very good with exception to the last 2 or 3 games
Dont think you should drop Jed, I think a bit like Marlon, he needs a bit more guidance on choices when he's got the ball?

Peckham Lion

Not so sure that he's not firing, he's just not using his brain, seeing a pass or playing for the team, i don't put it down to a drop in form when you can't do the basics. I don't know why he needs to take every set piece either. Maybe a rest will do him and his ego a bit of good.