Bialkowski

Ilderton Wanderer

Reading in the Southwark news today that Rowett isn’t against bringing in some premier league loan players in January in needed but hidden amongst the article is the suggestion that Bart could leave in the new year if Ipswich accept a bid from another club for him. I thought we had a season long loan agreed but maybe that wasn’t the case?

Barring his fuck up against QPR he has been outstanding and pulled off another world class save at Reading last weekend. It would be a disaster if we lost him in January, particularly to a rival championship club. Hopefully if it comes to it we can make the deal permanent but you have to question the logic of not signing him properly in the summer when we had the chance.

westlion 2

I read a couple of days ago he has made most saves in the division. Which seems to suggest we habe conceded among the most shots on target (given Fielding started the season).

Helps having a good keeper in those circumstances
read that as well but we were about middle for amount of shots against something 87 some have faced about 154 shots they count all shots not just those that need saving

BigPaul

Reading in the Southwark news today that Rowett isn’t against bringing in some premier league loan players in January in needed but hidden amongst the article is the suggestion that Bart could leave in the new year if Ipswich accept a bid from another club for him. I thought we had a season long loan agreed but maybe that wasn’t the case?

Barring his fuck up against QPR he has been outstanding and pulled off another world class save at Reading last weekend. It would be a disaster if we lost him in January, particularly to a rival championship club. Hopefully if it comes to it we can make the deal permanent but you have to question the logic of not signing him properly in the summer when we had the chance.
The reason we didn't sign him permanently was all to do with his medical. It was a risk we did not want to take.

champs08

Bart is not and all round good keeper and I cant wait for Fielding to get back fit. Barts distribution is as bad as I've seen at the Den for a while, along with his composure when he's under pressure. His shot stopping and anticipation is very good, which has been highlighted this season, but he's far from our answer to our long term keeper issues, he's just got some positives that have been highlighted this season. As for his mistake, well that sums up his poor decisions under pressure.

Happy for him to leave in Jan if we can get that replacement in.

hardleyse16

Bart is not and all round good keeper and I cant wait for Fielding to get back fit. Barts distribution is as bad as I've seen at the Den for a while, along with his composure when he's under pressure. His shot stopping and anticipation is very good, which has been highlighted this season, but he's far from our answer to our long term keeper issues, he's just got some positives that have been highlighted this season. As for his mistake, well that sums up his poor decisions under pressure.

Agree, his kicking can be awful and led to a goal against us in the Reading game.

brianmooresladder

I always though Fielding was no.1 what happens when he is fit.

gatecrasher

This time last year we had archer.Martin and amos
Any of them in goal this season we would be below stoke

CaptainCharisma

Madness, his kicking is pretty poor i'll give you that but Bart is the best keeper we have had down here for ages, have we forgotten how bad our stoppers have been in recent years??

champs08

Madness, his kicking is pretty poor i'll give you that but Bart is the best keeper we have had down here for ages, have we forgotten how bad our stoppers have been in recent years??
Overall he's better than some of the keepers in recent years, but he's not the answer based on what ive seen so far.

BigPaul

Can’t disagree with his display yesterday, those saves were outstanding. Though heart in mouth moment when he tried to throw the ball to Cooper and it looped into the air in front of goal!!
On reflection, I would guess that just as he was going to roll the ball to Cooper, he caught sight of the Charlton player from the corner of his eye.
He tried to stop the action of rolling the ball out, hence it was still in his hand long after it should have been released.
But it was too late to stop the release of the ball, but it went up in the air instead of swiftly along the ground.

What's the solution?
Don't break the golden rule of trying to pass the ball across the area in front of your own goal!!
Be that by hand or by foot.
Bart, please take note!

Members online