Anyone going to New York before Christmas?

Ulster Lion

This maybe true. Not that I ever exaggerate, or anything.... But..... When a lot of Irish headed for the New World, apparently the majority of the Catholic migrants settled where they landed, ie New York, Boston etc, and got involved in criminality. Gangs, illegal drinking dens, gambling etc. A lot of the Protestant migrants moved further west, settling in, and built roads, railways, towns and cities. Texas is a good example of this, where cities were built and named after Ulster settlers, eg, Houston, Dallas etc. See.? There's more to me than just being a hornball :wave:

bramcoteboy62

This maybe true. Not that I ever exaggerate, or anything.... But..... When a lot of Irish headed for the New World, apparently the majority of the Catholic migrants settled where they landed, ie New York, Boston etc, and got involved in criminality. Gangs, illegal drinking dens, gambling etc. A lot of the Protestant migrants moved further west, settling in, and built roads, railways, towns and cities. Texas is a good example of this, where cities were built and named after Ulster settlers, eg, Houston, Dallas etc. See.? There's more to me than just being a hornball :wave:
Decent history lesson that Ulster. I have heard st Patrick's day is a huge party in New York as there's so many Irish there

Stompie

I reckon you just like Brokeback Mountain.

trevwall

Been to new york a couple of times, always thought it was an over rated overpriced shithole karzi. Going to sao paulo for christms if anyone needs anything..

I hate gloryhunters

Sorry, but went to New York last Christmas and loved it!! I do love iconic cities so a bit biased. True, there are a lot a twats there, but so has London!! Thing was, I felt safer than London as Police don't fcuk around with presence or trouble like we do!! Wouldn't want to live there but really enjoyed my stay. Would rather be there than Florida which is full of uneducated degenerates!!

E18 wall

Sorry, but went to New York last Christmas and loved it!! I do love iconic cities so a bit biased. True, there are a lot a twats there, but so has London!! Thing was, I felt safer than London as Police don't fcuk around with presence or trouble like we do!! Wouldn't want to live there but really enjoyed my stay. Would rather be there than Florida which is full of uneducated degenerates!!
Been a few times, last time I stayed in Harlem had a great time,alot cheaper than times square and only a few minutes away.Agree the ob are on anything in a flash.never had or felt edgy anytime I've been.

King of The Jungle

The people are cunts
I can see why people think that. But I lived in the North West for a bit, and to be honest I met and worked with some of the most genuine people I've ever met. Hardest workers I've ever worked with too. They'd think nothing of working a 7 day week and do so without complaint. No belief in an entitlement to state help, proper pull yourself up by the bootstraps and look after your own attitude. Honest too - you could leave your mobile phone in a bar and return 3 hours later and pretty much guarantee that either it would be where you left it or someone would've handed it in to bar staff.
Now obviously this wasn't New York and was more of a rural wild west type place, I imagine new York is full of arseholes, but the people I lived around were decent, honest and hard working with a real sense of community and willingness to help out their neighbours.
That was my experience anyway. They ain't all bad mate.

kevrelles

I can see why people think that. But I lived in the North West for a bit, and to be honest I met and worked with some of the most genuine people I've ever met. Hardest workers I've ever worked with too. They'd think nothing of working a 7 day week and do so without complaint. No belief in an entitlement to state help, proper pull yourself up by the bootstraps and look after your own attitude. Honest too - you could leave your mobile phone in a bar and return 3 hours later and pretty much guarantee that either it would be where you left it or someone would've handed it in to bar staff.
Now obviously this wasn't New York and was more of a rural wild west type place, I imagine new York is full of arseholes, but the people I lived around were decent, honest and hard working with a real sense of community and willingness to help out their neighbours.
That was my experience anyway. They ain't all bad mate.
Still cunts though :grinning: