Any news on divvy danish dave

midway lion

He has been told that he is not allowed in the ground and the sale was illegal.
He bought a football club off of someone who didn't own it. :rotfl:

Moody

He reckons he is going to lose £20 million in the first year........the only 'businessman' in the world to think now is a good time to buy a failing football club. Got to laugh.

It is okay though, as they will be one of the top 7* clubs in the country in possibly as little as 8 years - according to Danish Brent.

Yes, it will be Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Charlton Athletic competing regularly for a European place.

*The top 4 enter the CL, 5th enters the Europa, as do the FA Cup and League Cup winners.

He did say regular European contenders, so I assume he actually means by consistently finishing top 5.

whiskylion

It is okay though, as they will be one of the top 7* clubs in the country in possibly as little as 8 years - according to Danish Brent.

Yes, it will be Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Charlton Athletic competing regularly for a European place.

*The top 4 enter the CL, 5th enters the Europa, as do the FA Cup and League Cup winners.

He did say regular European contenders, so I assume he actually means by consistently finishing top 5.
Sadly, I remember only too well Peter de Savary declaring that he wanted Millwall to be one of the "top 15 clubs in the country" within five years of his taking over Millwall from Theo in 2005....

Tragically, within four years Millwall weren't even one of the top 15 clubs in the Third Division....

We even finished the season in a lower place than Hartlepool United - the one and only time that has ever happened....!!!

Last edited:

Peckham Lion

Who said drugs don't work ???????????????

"We might do a few more improvements in January and I would anticipate as a minimum that would put us into a play-off position," he added.

"In parallel I have already started the foundation of building the football side, getting the structures in place to be a Premier League club.

"Our long-term goal is to start playing European football. In a best-case scenario we might be as little as eight years out from being one of the top clubs in England and consistently playing in Europe."

Millwall-84

"We might do a few more improvements in January and I would anticipate as a minimum that would put us into a play-off position," he added.

"In parallel I have already started the foundation of building the football side, getting the structures in place to be a Premier League club.

"Our long-term goal is to start playing European football. In a best-case scenario we might be as little as eight years out from being one of the top clubs in England and consistently playing in Europe."
The Verve

Moody

Sadly, I remember only too well Peter de Savary declaring that he wanted Millwall to be one of the "top 15 clubs in the country" within five years of his taking over Millwall from Theo in 2005....

Tragically, within four years Millwall weren't even one of the top 15 clubs in the Third Division....

We even finished the season in a lower place than Hartlepool United - the one and only time that has ever happened....!!!

Yes, I can remember that vividly too. I was writing a few articles for The Lion Roars at the time.

In fact, that’s one of the big differences between us and Charlton... I remember the crowd being a bit ‘who is this cunt?’ and the TLR openly mocking him for being daft. Yet, I think over at The Valley they are counting down the days until Charlton Athletic v Barcelona!

ringo_the_lion

He needs sectioning for his own wellbeing, he is off his nut!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ilderton Wanderer

I think he’s under the illusion that when crowds are allowed back unrestricted 25k plus Charlton fans are going to fill the valley every other week. It’s possible they could maybe get 15-20k.................but only if he is prepared to subsidise tickets and lay on some free travel from the furthest reaches of Kent.

Moody

I think he’s under the illusion that when crowds are allowed back unrestricted 25k plus Charlton fans are going to fill the valley every other week. It’s possible they could maybe get 15-20k.................but only if he is prepared to subsidise tickets and lay on some free travel from the furthest reaches of Kent.

This.

I think he’s under the impression that if it wasn’t for Covid-19, then Charlton would be getting crowds of c.25,000 and spending lots on merchandise etc.

So, he is ‘losing’ up to £20m in revenue and outgoings.

Or, I think he said he put £12m in a club back account to satisfy the EFL and has had to buy the club, plus rent the stadium and training ground, settle a tax bill and fund the wages without any gate income...

Who knows. He is bonkers though.