An Open Letter to Gareth Southgate

EVOJM1972

Dear Gareth

Thank you for enlightening us on what your 'role' entails. I was always under the impression that it was to craft a successful team from reasonably skilful, overpaid, precious prima-donnas not to "interact with the public on matters such as equality, inclusively and racial injustice". Funny though that I don't remember you or your team speaking up about the poor victims of racial abuse suffered at the hands of 'grooming gangs in cities across the UK over more than a decade. Perhaps that racial inequality and/or inclusively was just them exercising their 'White Privilege'.

However, be that as it may, on behalf of the nation, I'd like to thank for standing up for all the above by importing a political gesture from a country 3000 miles away and also for educating us stupid proles that we are wrong to equate it to the divisive, Marxist organisation many of us perceive it to be - thank you.

While you're on your high horse fighting for equality and against injustice perhaps you could expand your field of operations, you are after all an international presence: why not make a stance against the genocide being perpetrated against the Uigher muslims in China or perhaps if your path crosses Turkey's during the championships you can make a political point against the month long military offensive that country has propagated against the Kurds. Or the bombing of civilians in Yemen? No? Didn't think so.

Here's a thought though - instead of deriding all fans who Boo your team's facile gesture towards racial inequality as racist, why not engage with them. My club Millwall were similarly derided for booing the gesture not the message and after engaging with the Club and players united around the "Equality - Unite for Change" message. Simply ignoring the connotations many see surround the knee taking, causes yet more division in society and in football. But perhaps what you want?

Yours

A Working Class Fan

Last edited:

kevrelles

Dear Gareth

Thank you for enlightening us on what your 'role' entails. I was always under the impression that it was to craft a successful team from reasonably skilful, overpaid, precious prima-donnas not to "interact with the public on matters such as equality, inclusively and racial injustice". Funny though that I don't remember you or your team speaking up about the poor victims of racial abuse suffered at the hands of 'grooming gangs in cities across the UK over more than a decade. Perhaps that racial inequality and/or inclusively was just them exercising their 'White Privilege'.

However, be that as it may, on behalf of the nation, I'd like to thank for standing up for all the above by importing a political gesture from a country 3000 miles away and also for educating us stupid proles that we are wrong to equate it to the divisive, Marxist organisation many of us perceive it to be - thank you.

While you're on your high horse fighting for equality and against injustice perhaps you could expand your field of operations, you are after all an international presence: why not make a stance against the genocide being perpetrated against the Uigher muslims in China or perhaps if your path crosses Turkey's during the championships you can make a political point against the month long military offensive that country has propagated against the Kurds. Or the bombing of civilians in Yemen? No? Didn't think so.

Here's a thought though - instead of deriding all fans who Boo your team's facile gesture towards racial inequality as racist, why not engage with them. My club Millway were similarly derided for booing the gesture not the message and after engaging with the Club and players united around the "Equality - Unite for Change" message. Simply ignoring the connotations many see surround the knee taking, causes yet more division in society and in football. But perhaps what you want?

Yours

A Working Class

Dear Gareth

Here's a thought though - instead of deriding all fans who Boo your team's facile gesture towards racial inequality as racist, why not engage with them. My club Millwall were similarly derided for booing the gesture not the message and after engaging with the Club and players united around the "Equality - Unite for Change" message. Simply ignoring the connotations many see surround the knee taking, causes yet more division in society and in football. But perhaps what you want?

Yours

A Working Class Fan
I doubt he can read.

EVOJM1972

I don't know if you intend to send it, but bringing Rotherham into it, is probably counter productive, Qatar and South Asian Lives Matter is the way to highlight the hypocrisy.
Very good point mate. I'd forgotten about Qatar and that's the ultimate hypocrisy as far as football is concerned - modern slavery and gay rights. I'm sure they're all over it at FA HQ....🤔

Phlion54

No mileage in anything apart from racism to players......when the blm / sky / Southgate ask the black community why they have so much disregard for their own with it seems daily stabbings,shootings ,killings but just focus on sport........if this pampered overpaid cancel their twitter ,Instagram accounts then the online abuse targeted at them would stop ....have a secure what's up account with just invited friends....sorted one part of the problem......stop taking the knee ...sorted another problem........too easy it seems

TheOneAndOnlyGazza

dear cunt
you tear the arse out of being ugly. At your creation because i doubt it was a normal birth did the midwife quasimodo smash fuck out of your boat.rather than slap your arse?
can anyone guess who I am talking about. And fuck off no it aint me?

He was beamed in on a mis-calibrated Transporter to the very top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

HappyLion

dear cunt
you tear the arse out of being ugly. At your creation because i doubt it was a normal birth did the midwife quasimodo smash fuck out of your boat.rather than slap your arse?
can anyone guess who I am talking about. And fuck off no it aint me?
Love poem?