Am I the only one that can predict common sense?

champs08

Last year, with no face masks, no social distancing and no warning, the summer ended up with months of death rates lower than people dying of DIY incidents?

Fast forward 12 months and with all of the above on place - plus natural herd immunity of 000’s people per day, plus the vulnerable having the vaccine, add in the general public will start to get it soon - can I ask;

Why are these government mongs scaring us into months and months of prolonged issues?

I thought the whole point was to protect the NHS?

ive always been one for supporting the government and science, but my confidence is dropping- massively.

BigPaul

Nothing makes any sense, Champs, absolutely nothing.
In my opinion, the time has long since passed that the economic and other costs of the precautions are out of all proportion to the general risk.

In my opinion, we should open up everything, protect the vulnerable, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

Monkey had an interesting discussion on TalkRadio yesterday about what would have happened if this had occurred in the 1970's. The conclusion was, basically nothing.

I am not saying the virus does not exist. I am not saying many people have not suffered very badly. I am saying that the risk of serious harm is nowhere as high as the MSM would have you believe.
1500 people die every day in the UK in normal times. Is it REALLY significantly higher since covid?
I'm sure they would make dying illegal if they could. You are certainly not allowed to die of old age any more.

milleniwall's have rights

In my opinion, the time has long since passed that the economic and other costs of the precautions are out of all proportion to the general risk.

In my opinion, we should open up everything, protect the vulnerable, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

Monkey had an interesting discussion on TalkRadio yesterday about what would have happened if this had occurred in the 1970's. The conclusion was, basically nothing.

I am not saying the virus does not exist. I am not saying many people have not suffered very badly. I am saying that the risk of serious harm is nowhere as high as the MSM would have you believe.
1500 people die every day in the UK in normal times. Is it REALLY significantly higher since covid?
I'm sure they would make dying illegal if they could. You are certainly not allowed to die of old age any more.
You mention the elderly and dying a natural death.
A friend who works in the CQC Care Quality Commission.
Gave me some very disturbing information about what has been happening in Care homes.
An order was sent down from Government that a blanket DNARCPR is to be placed on all residents over the age of 65 years. Without the normal and lawful conversations with at first the resident/patient and also the resident/patient's family or carer.
The documentation required for DNACPR is a legal and essential step in acceptance of the DNARCPR.
He has told me that many Care/Nursing Homes refused but many others willingly agreed.
He also gave me a figure of how many deaths per population of Care/Nursing Home .I cannot remember the precise number .So will not until I have it say it.
Having said that he is not a liar but a very sincere man and concluded it was an atrocious figure and way above normal averages.
DNARCPR. for those who may not have come across it before, means DO NOT ATTEMPT CARDIO PULMONARY RESUCITATION.
If they suspect you are having a heart attack they will not attempt to resuscitate.

milleniwall's have rights

It’s a ruse to rid the world of all the old folk, saves money worldwide with no more care needed
The elderly are treated disgustingly in this country ! t looks as if once you have passed the paying in stage of life.
The powers that be try to get it all back off of you.
Inheritance tax
Care home fee's
Equity release schemes.
Minimal State Pension
If you have had a bad run financially in life then your chances of enjoying and surviving your latter years are greatly reduced.
Horrible situation!

Guernsey Wall

Well not before you've been kept artificially going and your wealth, pensions etc has been raped and pillaged. Only when you are a dried husk sucked of any juice are you allowed to disappear as quietly as possible

zak attack

I fully agree with that. Though two things have changed since the 1970:

1. Old and disabled people get much more political consideration than they used to, not least because there are so many more of them today. Take Routemaster buses, for example: for decades noone moaned about them but then all of a sudden they were deemed inappropriate for the elderly.

2. In the 70s developing a useful vaccine would have taken many years. Too long to try and bridge the time with measures like lockdowns (basically what we are now doing). So a lockdown would have been a pretty pointless exercise.

ballsey

I agree, people are getting worse at accepting death.

If you have family or friends that die, it doesn't matter how they die, you will be upset.

But people die, thats what happens.

The Den

To me, the language the government and MSM are using is nothing short of trying to push for more suppression. For example, early January, you had that absolute twat Matt Handcock crying as he was so happy that we have a vaccine and the end is nearly in sight... forward 6 weeks and here we have MSM and pushing out info about a new strain that doesn't work against AstraZeneca....

Bob.B Lion

Things don't add up for me.We went the whole summer of 2020 from May til September when daily covid deaths rates fell to almost zero then by some miracle come September the death rate rocketed again.
I don't believe that the virus laid dormant for 5 months then reappeared instantly as the temperature dropped.Either the virus was deliberately released again or the government and their scientists are misleading the public-for what reason ?.

We now have the world health organisation in Wuhan investigating the origins of the virus,and no surprises-they have quickly concluded that the virus originated and spread in a consignment of frozen vegetables !!,really ?!.

I want to know why in the 21st century military's across the globe are still developing and testing lethal pathogens and chemical weapons when they accuse people like Assad of using such nasty banned weapons against Jihadi's!.

One things for sure,the destruction of the wests economy has been caused not by the virus but by the totalitarian measures imposed and this can only benefit big tech,and of course the commie Chinese..

HappyLion

Why are these government mongs scaring us into months and months of prolonged issues?
Because the chances of the virus mutating into something more trasmittible, more deadly and not effected by vaccines are getting higher by the day.

tony_dolby

It's not about death rates. Most people who get hospitalized with COVID will survive. Without hospital treatment most of these people will die. The correct metric to use is intensive care bed occupancy.

To use one example, a hospital near me has a capacity of 12 intensive care beds. Normally this ward is not full. At the peak this year they had 75 people in intensive and critical care which is well beyond their surge capacity. Heart attack and stroke patients have to be fitted in as well. They are hoping to close some of these extra wards this month.

The principle of the lockdown is to reduce pressure on the NHS by reducing hospital admissions through reducing transmission of the virus and driving down case numbers. Lockdowns work very well for this. However, they kill people too. There will be excess deaths caused by lockdowns the full extent of which will not be know for 2-3 years.

There are a few scientists on SAGE who seem to be loving their minute in the media spotlight. These tend to be the 'lockdown forever variety'. There are a few doctors of the 'one glass of wine shortens your life' variety who are a problem too.

However, Chris Whitty is not the problem here. He has talked openly about the healthcare costs of lockdowns and the fact that society as a whole must have a serious conversation about how many deaths from COVID we are prepared to tolerate as a society.

The biggest problem here is the media. Every COVID death is a cause of rejoicing for them. The Daily Mail, Sky, BBC are going to be having grieving relatives on 24/7 complaining that 'Boris killed my grandad'. It's easy money for these c*nts.

Somehow, the general public in this country needs to make its voice heard. We cannot be denied our basic freedoms because Boris wants to keep the Daily Mail onside.

Last edited: