3 somes

whiskylion

Call me naive here, but in my experience any thread started by Ulster couldn’t possibly have been about football. Anyway, I thought Grammar school kids played rugby? Talking of two footed, Bradshaw scuffed that’s shot near the end, you would think players could shoot with both feet but apparently not
My dad taught me from my youngest days to use both feet. So I did.

I could take inswinging corners or free-kicks with both feet. I only ever scored two screamers from outside the box: one right foot, the other left.

Hence I really don't rate blokes like Malone who is screwed the moment you run onto his right foot.

You are right: we were a rugby-playing school, adopting football in my final year. I did play rugby and in games used to rack up quite a few points: I was captain of the school district's athletic team, ran for Kettering Harriers so used to both get my fair share of tries by moving from prop to wing and take the conversions, too.

But I refused to play for the school on Saturdays as it interfered with playing men's football from the age of 13. They really weren't happy!

I didn't have bad coaches at rugby, either. It was first Bob Taylor, who at the time was captain of The Lions, England and Northampton; then Johnny Hyde, who first played Rugby for England while still a schoolboy!

onlyagame

My dad taught me from my youngest days to use both feet. So I did.

I could take inswinging corners or free-kicks with both feet. I only ever scored two screamers from outside the box: one right foot, the other left.

Hence I really don't rate blokes like Malone who is screwed the moment you run onto his right foot.

You are right: we were a rugby-playing school, adopting football in my final year. I did play rugby and in games used to rack up quite a few points: I was captain of the school district's athletic team, ran for Kettering Harriers so used to both get my fair share of tries by moving from prop to wing and take the conversions, too.

But I refused to play for the school on Saturdays as it interfered with playing men's football from the age of 13. They really weren't happy!

I didn't have bad coaches at rugby, either. It was first Bob Taylor, who at the time was captain of The Lions, England and Northampton; then Johnny Hyde, who first played Rugby for England while still a schoolboy!
Went to a Grammar in Purley, unfortunately we had to play rugby, I gave it a go but was like Sean Williams when it came to tackling.
Anyway, don’t want to top trump you but our PE teacher was Gordon Pirie, my parents were impressed but we didn’t really have a clue who he was. Amazing what the top athletes of their day had to do to get a living. From memory, didn’t Harry Cripps once teach at some posh school?

kevrelles

Went to a Grammar in Purley, unfortunately we had to play rugby, I gave it a go but was like Sean Williams when it came to tackling.
Anyway, don’t want to top trump you but our PE teacher was Gordon Pirie, my parents were impressed but we didn’t really have a clue who he was. Amazing what the top athletes of their day had to do to get a living. From memory, didn’t Harry Cripps once teach at some posh school?
Gordon pirie never heard of him

Supporting Millwall

Once in my life....it was fucking odd circumstances.....6 o clock on a Sunday afternoon. A bird and her mate knocked at my flat....got chatting said about a threesome and it happened....No fucking with you Songs of Praise was actually on the TV.......I dunno about fucking Thora Hird ..... but I was shouting hallelujah after it.