26 years employed

champs08

And tomorrow I hand in my notice to go on my own.

Scary. Got a mortgage, wife, two kids and normal debts.

But the cultures changed for the worse in my business, I work 60-70 hours every week and it’s slowly making me ill.

The decision to do it has taken a fair while, but the realisation that I can work for myself and not have to have meetings about meetings and work within a bunch of political animals is a massive pull. I’ve grown to hate where I work because of wnkrs that care about no one else than there selves.

Sadly, I will leave behind 6 members of my team that have shown great loyalty to me and the business over the past 4 years. This will be difficult.

Has anyone got any experience of this on here?

whiskylion

But the cultures changed for the worse in my business, I work 60-70 hours every week and it’s slowly making me ill.

The decision to do it has taken a fair while, but the realisation that I can work for myself and not have to have meetings about meetings and work within a bunch of political animals is a massive pull. I’ve grown to hate where I work because of wnkrs that care about no one else than there selves.

Sadly, I will leave behind 6 members of my team that have shown great loyalty to me and the business over the past 4 years. This will be difficult.

Yes. Working in Fleet Street.

Then quit to become world's first full-time whisky writer. Huge gamble. That was 30 years ago next year...

Good luck!

And if anyone asks you what the Dickens you are doing, just say you have Great Eggspectations....

champs08

Yes. Working in Fleet Street.

Then quit to become world's first full-time whisky writer. Huge gamble. That was 30 years ago next year...

Good luck!

And if anyone asks you what the Dickens you are doing, just say you have Great Eggspectations....
Thanks.

This time next year Rodney

champs08

Staying in the same game?
Back into meat mate. Trading with all of my old contacts in the UK and around Europe. Fortunately it’s easier to get products into the mainland than out ATM. I’m partnering up with a fella that’s been asking me to do it for a couple of years, so it’s a well known path - I just want to give it a go so I don’t regret it in later life.

BrianLion

Good luck

Lions21

Your decision will probably make the other staff evaluate their own situations as well. If they try to keep you by offering more money ask them “why am I worth more today than I was yesterday”. It’s difficult to depart but you will feel relieved once it’s done as you must have been pissed off for a while now. As said by the others above, your health and well-being is much more important to both you and your family. Let us know how you get on and good luck Champs.